1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Club turning away money in this day & Time ?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadhead358, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

This past weekend a group of us boys went to a local trap club that was having a gun raffle and Christmas party with a meat shoot. There were 9 of us of which 6 of us have shot there the past 2 years and had a lot of fun.

This year was totally different and they may have lost some shooters for next year, plus raffle tickets, tip tickets and shoot money.

Long story short they interrupeted the meat shoots to shoot league, when they had two more traps to shoot league from. Then would go back to the meat shoots, but there would be 20 minutes to a half hour in between. The previous two years they shot league thru the day, but they had their own line and never interfeared with the meat shoot.

To top things off the one time they shot for league they only had two shooters, plus they shot practice all day long on another line.

After about 3 hours of this, 4 of my friends got frustrated and left and then 2 more left after another hour and received their money back for the meat shoot tickets.

When thinking about it the club lost around $150 to $200 just from our party alone between meat shoot tickets and raffle tickets and there were others that left long before us.

Nobody and I mean nobody knew what was going on!! Just poor management!!!

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

This happens quite frequently, and they don't see it for the nose on their face.

This should never happen.

GB
    DLS

3. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Management was probably preoccupied with checking prices on components and making sure they had ample stock on hand.

4. TjayE

TjayE Member

If your club is happy and satisfied with league shooters only and do not want new shooter to join your club, that is your business.

Most clubs in our area are always trying to sign up new members.

5. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

If they had enough traps to accomodate all the shooters (league, practice and meat shooters) and did not use them properly thats a management problem.

If not enough traps, you have to take care of your practice and league shooters, because there is a lot larger profit margin on league and practice than on the meat shooters.

Robert

6. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

If they cant manage a league shoot and meat shoot on the same day, then maybe they would rethink scheduling these two events together.

7. rocko

rocko Member

Yes it happens. Seems Clay shooters don't care for card shooters. We had a group rent a field for a day to shoot cards every year ($200 I think), they took care of everything, cleaned after themselves, no problem at all except for parking. They would shoot at those cards all day and had fun, many of them shot a few rounds of trap or skeet. The membership decided they could not do it any more and really could not give a good reason except for the parking. Go figure.

8. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

There are many things that I have seen at some of the shoots I have attended league's I have shot that just are not right and at the end of the day I have had to think about and decide if it is worth fussing over.

Most of them unless I become a life member or am willing to commit more time then I have to give I have to live with or vote with my feet.

Some of the league things are so silly that they should never happen, but management deicded that this is what we need to do and until I have gotten the manager to look at what is going on will not be changed.

Thursday Skeet got canceled to do lightning the Tuesday Trap got canceled so Wednesday they opened six trap fields and one skeet field, 25 sheeters showed up and 2 trappers. it was like pulling teeth to get more skeet fields open.

The wednesday night I had my first real chance at 100 straight was six skeet fields and one trap field with 4 skeeters and 20 some trappers showing up, the first three extra traps opened broke down so 3+ hours after my first shot of the evening I lost the 97 target. I had good reason to be pissed off, but heck that I could keep my head in it that long did feel good!

Al Lingham

9. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

This wasn't a card shoot it was 10 birds, two from each station.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.