1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Club Pro Did Me Right!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

This is sort of shooting related, but,,,

Our Club Pro, Terry Hetrick, helped me with a purchase of a Blaser F3 Luxus a while back. Gun is simply incredible, but shoots high. I am used to a high shooting gun. I DID manage an 88 on our Bunker field, ran the 16's, and dropped 2 from the 25 yard line during the test drive. I wanted a little lower shooting gun for Sporting and Skeet.

I called the local gunfitting "whiz" and even though they put an adjustable comb on it, was told they could not do anything with the stock. I like the stock that came on the gun, it is good wood, with a subdued oil finish. It is GANGBUSTERS for Trap and such.

Terry recommended another Blaser stock set. I took his advice, and let him order the stock set to specs he thought would work. Turned out to be a fixed-comb Sporting stock, and matching trap forend.

To cut to the chase, I could not be happier! The damned thing fits as well as any stockmaker could have done. The bead stack is precisely what I want, and cast-off, length and such are PERFECT. Last but not least, the stock set is BEAUTIFUL! The man knows his stuff.

I am going to keep both stocks and swap them out for the appropriate game.

Deal with this fellow with confidence.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Good looking piece of lumber, good price. Thanks, Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.