1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Club members???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by James.c, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James.c

James.c Member

Hey everyone. was just at the club today doing some work and was thinking about all the guys who where there helping. there are lots of guys at my club who think that because they are members they should help with things at the club. but then there are the other members who think that because there members they shouldnt have to do anything for there club. just wondering what some opinions are on the subject?thanks

J.C

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

You were NOT the only one there working? Wow, what a good deal.

3. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

I don’t mind working or helping out at shoots, (scoring or loading the house), but it seems more and more, I’m working more and shooting less…It seems I have to go to near by clubs to shoot. After a day of registered at my club, I’m just exhausted, and have the scores to prove it…. No easy answers….Grubby..

4. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

I was shooting at the club the other nite and I forgot to help reload the trap house after the 4th round. I was busy shootin the crap yakkin! At least my kid remembered..

I always try to help out.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

With shooting clubs, it seems to be more of 90/10 rule than the old 80/20 rule! I like to say I belong to a small private club paid for by 300 of my closest friends...

Jay

6. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I relate to this, I was all gun-ho when I started. Used to be the first guy there practice nights(mainly to shoot alone and get coached) and would hang out and watch n listen.
    I learned to set up traps and set the speed and height, learned to set up for doubles. Scoreing and scoreing doubles, filling houses and all stuff around the club I learned it.
    Now it has come down to well being expected to be there, expected to help. Kinda took all the fun out of it in a hurry. Worst part is they actually pay teens to score and what not for league and ATA, but still expected to be there and help.
    Took alot of the fun out of it made it a job and well I think they need to change it.

Perhaps yearly dues need to reflect amount of "help" around the club you actually do! Everyone is a member of the club and why should Jimmy and Mike who only show up to shoot have the same dues as people who show to help every week?

Jerry Lewis Busti NY

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

At an NSSF conference maybe 10 years ago, there was an American Management Association conference also going on... interesting book they were selling - "Its OK to ask them to Work"... I read it and ask!

I do my fair share... everyone, aside from the chair bound, who can carry a gun and shoot, can do some work. Those that are chair bound can score.

regards,

Jay

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

At my club we have the ten percenters club. If you turn in your little card before years's end you get a nice gift. This was last years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.