1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Club Insurance Info ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ljutic111, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

We have the NRA club Liability Insurance Plan for $1M and are thinking of upping it to $2M and possibly getting the D&O Insurance also for $1M . This will double our insurance cost per year to about $1800 or more . We are a small Trap club that may take in $15,000-$20,000 per year , not profit , but in range fees -- profits may be $6-$8,000 ?? The officers would like to be protected from any lawsuits if they should occur . So far we have never had an incident or accident !!! I`d like to hear from other small club on what they have done so we could have an idea where this will take us . We have 4 Safety signs posted all over and require a once a year " read and sign Safety sheet " for all members and guests . WE safety train all shooters that come here for the first time and constantly watch all shooters for unsafe gun handling . Again we are Trap shooting only with 2 houses . No pistols or rifles .

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Could I have some feed back ???

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

We have $2mm insurance that cost us about $2200 per year. We have it not only for our benefit but because we shoot at a county run facility and it's required to hold registered shoots there. FYI: We hold 2 ATA events per month, 1 skeet & 1 sporting clays event per month also. Hope this helps.

Eric

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Could others please respond so I have more info for my meeting . I`m sure some other small clubs have insurance also ???

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Go to the web site above and scroll down to the last option under RECENT NEWS. There you will find information on Sportsman's Insurance Agence (A.I.S.I.). This insurance is endorsed by the A.T.A. We have it for our club; 4 traps + rifle/pistol range. We have $1,000,000 liability only for a premium of $550.00 per year. Other options are available through them: insurance for directors, etc. for extra premium's. This company also insures firearms.

However, they only insure members of specific organizations.

Michael Stephenson

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

We currently have the NRA endorsed Lockton Risk Insurance which cost us $621 now but increases with every 5th member after 16 ?? and increasing it to $2M may cost us $900+ . I`m waiting for the paperwork from them now to see what the extra will be . I will call SIAI today . Thank you .

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

The insurance thru the ATA SAIA looks like that is more to our liking for the price . Is this what any clubs have and is there any problems with them ?? Seems to cover all members and management and we may not need the extra D&O insurance . Please respond !!

8. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Llutic111, It appears to me that your club would have to be an ATA target throwing club to be eligible for this coverage. If you are, then no problem.

With regard to not needing D&O coverage, you best talk to them about that. I believe the "board coverage" referenced in the brochure is for General Liabilty type losses, not the types of losses covered on a D&O policy. There is a very big difference.

tom

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Yes , we are NRA and ATA affiliated and have the Big 50 which is the only registered targets . We just might hold bigger shoots but not right now . I just want to justify having a larger policy and whether we need D&O insurance since we pay no one . There is no discrimination where someone may sue for that !!! We actually would save money changing over to SAIA and keeping it at $1M .

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

D&O protects the directors & officers from actions brought from within the club by members. These could include, but not limited to employment, wrongful termination of membership, harrassment and/or poor use of club funds.

FYI,

Jay

11. Chuckbuster

Chuckbuster TS Member

Our Izaak Walton Club has been with the NRA insurance program for over 10 years now. 90 members in the club. I think the premium is about 1300 yearly. A landlord is also listed on the million dollar policy. We have never tested the insurance.

12. dk

dk Member

you might want to inquire at Outdoorinsurance.com ask for Tim Reed phone # 866-695-9040. they have great rates

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.