1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Club Championship...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

I shoot at a very small club here in Vermont. Strictly fun stuff, very, very, few ATA shooters, no doubles, no caps. Like I said, very small and informal.

I'd like to present the idea of having some sort of club championship. Something that would be worked on during the season and then some of final shoot-off in October. Any ideas how to structure this? Remember...small club. I just thought something like this might bump up interest. We shoot one evening a week.

cap

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Why not just have a club league on Wednesday night and then the final shoot would be the shoot off for club champion?

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Our club has fun leagues/shoots for singles, doubles, handicap and wobble. We use a lewis system for winners/ru classes based upon the number of shooters.

Our Leaguemeister - Scott Calhoun then awards points based upon a shooters overall finish in each program and at the end of the year, awards the "Sportsman's Cup" to the member with the greatest number of points earned over the year... PM Scott on this site for more info...

Entry to events are inexpensive, awards are nice - fun shoots to keep things fun! Tailor your program to what can work for you...

best regards,

Jay

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

My club (closed now) use to have a club championship on a set date at the end of each year for both skeet, trap, 5-stand.

100 targets each discipline. First, second awarded. Lewis class for remaining classes. Nothing fancy. Kept it simple... Club gave out Plaques from club funds.

Non-members could shoot but not in the running for a plaque.

5. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Great idea. I love club championships. One suggestion that golf clubs do: have a the best space in the parking lot set aside for the club champion for the coming year. It's a great perk, and it doesn't cost much. It's something people will like to play for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.