1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Club Championship price?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bernie K, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Went to a club I belong to for the Club Championship on Saturday. Normal shoot price is $4.00 per round, their championship is only 50 targets. When I went to sign up the price was $11.00. When I asked why $11.00 and not $8.00 I was told someone has to pay for the trophies. All the clubs I have ever shot championship for were the same price as practice targets as a perk to the members, only higher price are registered targets. Am I right or wrong? Do you charge your members more to shoot non registered targets at you Club Championship if not registered?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You are right. HMB

3. KGUN

KGUN TS Member

Bernie, the answer you received was correct. Any shoot that supplies trophies would have to cost more. Most clubs need to generate mony from these shoots to stay afloat. If the extra three bucks to help support your club seems unreasonable then why not wait for another time to shoot. Poeple better start to understand that sometimes you have to give back to your club. I don't know if this applies to you or not but the general oppinion of alot of shooters is that their club owes them something. Most clubs exist because of support from it's members, no matter how big or little.

Angelo

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Some of the club expenses should be paid for by the members dues. Awards for the club championship should be one of them. HMB

5. KGUN

KGUN TS Member

That would depend on each clubs dues amount. I belong to clubs where the dues are $10 a year. Surely I wouldn't expect that to cover a whole heck of alot. My home club's dues are $150 a year, but we're in New Jersey where the opperating costs are through the roof. It's all relevant, it just semms that for all the money that shooters spend on equiptment for this sport( guns, ammo, ect...) three bucks extra for a trophy shoot isn't so unreasonable.

Angelo

6. running bear

running bear Member

If you don't like the price, don't shot!! Is $3.00 going to break you?

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sometimes you get what you pay for. HMB

8. KGUN

KGUN TS Member

HMB that's exactly right. I'll even build on that by saying "you reap what you sow". support your local clubs, they need it.

Angelo

9. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

The cost of a "contest" target should be more than a practice target. You have score keepers, paperwork and trophies that all cost more than 5 guys shooting at targets. If there are not trinket trophies, then the money is often returned to the shooters in the form of prize money. The other option is not to shoot in the event.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

In my area, Club league targets usually go for about $15 per 50 and part of that cost goes towards trophies part goes to the daily purse and part goes to actual target costs. Not much a margin is left.

Putting the shooting cost in perspective, most of the 'local' shoots I go to are 60-120 miles away so my fuel cost alone is generally as much as the match entry fee. I think you are getting a great deal at $11/50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.