1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Closing the White House

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

In an action that some say is a way to back up the argument of legitimacy of sequestration the white house has been closed to visitors including school children. A pat on the back to Eric Bolling of FOX NEWS who has offered to contribute enough money (reportedly $74 thousand) to keep it open for a week. Shawn Hannity has offered to do the same. Wouldn't it be nice if Alan Colmes, Bob Bickel, Piers Morgan, Scott Pelley, Samuel L. Jackson, the ACLU, National Organization of Women and Charlie Rangel all did the same? It would never be closed. By the way as I am sure most of you on here know..White House propoganda czar Jay Carney thus far has not responded to Mr. Bollings generous offer.ed nichols

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Johnny also offers $74K. Cheap publicity knowing they won't have to pay up.

3. trapperwads

If shortage of money wasn't an out and out lie, they would have to pay up and would. I cannot afford $74 thousand but if they go through with their claims of laying off white house janitors I would be willing to buy Michelle a broom and one for each of her 22 aides as well. ed nichols

4. cafowler

cafowler Member

I've been on the tour, it's way over rated. Really unimpresive. Maybe this is a good first step in "closing the white house" on a more permanent or furlowed basis. They could probably let 1 of the 20 something assistants to the 1st Lady go, and have more than enough to cover the tours.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

That's a shame. The place is empty most of the year.

Bob Falfa

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good first step. Second step, throw the occupants out! Chichay

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    $74 large? That's a drop in the bucket compared to Mooshelle's shopping trips.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The King and Queen don't want no body checking out their digs (the Crib) formerly known as the White House ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

My friend said that they are all voulnters that work the tours.
    Jim

10. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I went on the tour when LBJ was president. Lady Bird Johnson was our tour guide. I was only 11 at the time, but I thought it was pretty neat. I took our son on his 6th. grade trip, to Washington, when Clinton was Pres. and couldn't get in. Concrete barrier sections everywhere. Couldn't go to the mint, the FBI office or the Washington Monument.

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

cafowler......

It may be unimpressive and overrated to you but to the many grade school classes that take their once in a life time school trip I would bet its a big deal and worth every penny of OUR tax money to have that tour!!!!!

12. trapperwads

Well, so far its only been Constitutional Conservatives like Bolling and Hannity that have stepped up to the plate with monetary pledges to keep American traditions alive. Apparently, the radical left wants to help their lying poster boy from looking like the liar he has proven himself to be time and time again. What no offer from Tiger Woods? I would think he would have been first to make an offer on behalf of his recent golf partner. ed nichols

13. cafowler

cafowler Member

Hey Likes,

Sorry to get your panties in a ruffle. I was just adding my .02. Didn't see a single school age kid on the WH tour, it was the week before Christmas, so they were probably all at home. The mall in may/june on the other hand is overrun with kids. Never seen so many school/tour busses in one place, hundreds of them, every street is lined with them. My point is there are lots of other places with much more historical, civic value to tour. You're absolutely right about OUR tax money, but the kido's won't get much out of the tour we went on. Came in the east wing after waiting about an hour. walked down a hall that was used for something or another at one time, blah blah blah, thru the red room, thru the blue room, thru the dinning room, and out the front door. I think we were in there less than 1/2 hr. We learned more on a TV special on the WH Christmas the week after we were home. The tour guide said one time Mrs Bush stepped out of a hidden door and chatted with the tour for about 10 minutes, thanked them for coming over to visit. That would have been nice to have a chat with her, be able to say thanks. I'm sure the tours will start again someday. Until then, I'm for saving every nickel they figure out how to save, and that's a pretty tough job in DC apparently, saving a nickel.

My point is simply the time learning about DC politics and american history is better spent in other places in DC. My favorite is the portrait gallery, across the street from the Verizon Center/Chinatown stop on the red line. Tons of US history in there, I could spend all day in that place. I hope you get a chance to visit it if you haven't been there yet.

Kirk

14. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

The reality is that The White House was closed during the Bush administration to the general public. You could only get into The White House if your Senator or Congressman made it happen up until now. Our tax dollars were paying for a select few with connections to get into The White House. That being said...save the money. Kim

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Geez Kim, my Aunt must be a liar. Seems to me she went on two tours when Bush was president.

16. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

I live in the D.C. Metropolitan area. Haven't been able to take my kids to The White House since 911. THAT IS A FACT!!! Kim

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Honestly Kimberly, I wouldn't let you or your ilk tour my home either. THAT'S A FACT !!!!!!!!!!!

18. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

Train went off the rails as usual, I think the point here was......damn i forgot what i was talking about?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.