1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CLOSING THE DOORS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BeerKing, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT YESTERDAY WE STARTING THE PROCESS OF THE DEMOLITION OF THE EXISTING BUILDING. AFTER 50 YEARS THE OLD STRUCTURE HAS SERVED HER PURPOSE OF PROVIDING YOU WITH A FUN PLACE TO COME SHOOT, BS, AND JUST PLAIN HAVE A GOOD TIME. THE NEW BUILDING WILL BE A MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT, COMPLETELY HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE FACILTIY TO SERVE YOU IN THE FUTURE. STAY TUNED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR PICTURES AND UPDATES. WE HAVE HALTED OUR DERBY DATES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THANKS AND HOPE YOU COME VISIT US IN OUR NEW BUILDING.
    THE B.O.D.'S OTTER CREEK SPORTSMENS CLUB.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

What??? No Derby's at Otter Creek???

What the heck am I supposed to do on those Sundays.

Let's get that building up so we can get back to the business of shooting those Derby's!!!

Hope everything goes well for you.

Remind those who wish they can still come to Cedar Falls to shoot our Derbys.

Our first Derby is this Sunday, October 28th and I believe the auction starts at noon.

Hope to see a lot of you.

Hauxfan!

3. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Hey Steve,

Get plenty of pictures of the progress, Going to seem strange that building gone,, Hope the construction goes well.

Doug

4. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

We were faced with the "when to do it" question and this made the most sense. we did not want to do it in the spring as we are so busy with high school shoots, classes and of course we start shooting ATA so soon in the spring. the old building was in sad shape. those who shot there know the conditions of the concrete, roof needed replaced and on and on. thanks and i am sure we have people coming your way to shoot.

5. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Doug I started taking pictures yesterday of moving things out of the building. Big pictures will come when we knock the old girl down, scheduled for a week from today.

6. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I have a Question, I looked at the Web site and tried to find the rules for the "Derby's" but couldn't locate them. We are going to be having some fun shoots this Winter and We are looking for Ideas, Would someone explain the basics of the "Derby's"?

Thanks,

Mark

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

at our club we abide by ATA rules. we shoot 25/16s and 25hdcp. handicap is your ATA assigned yardage. IF you win a derby you are punched one yard. we normally have 9 derbies over the fall and winter. we alternate every other weekend with the Cedar Falls Gun Club who also hosts 9 shoots. if you win 3 shoots at a club you win the perpetual purse. we charge $25 for the program and break it down this way.
    $16 targets labor and club expenses
    $6 lewis money paid by at each individual shoot.(we normally have 3 lewis')
    $3 perpetual purse (this money goes into the kitty each week to be held until you have a 3 time winner.
    each event you also have a special event and we pay back 70% buyer 30% shooter.
    As soon as you get a 2 time winner or like last year we had 3 2 time winners the special event really gets interesting. If the year goes by and you do not have a 3 time winner the kitty is held over till the following year. Belive me it is not a money maker for the club but it does provide the shooters with a place to go on Sundays. We have a lot of non shooters who show up just to BS and have a bowl of chili and watch the football games.

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

9. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

well the building has been emptied and demo date set for the first and concrete starting the 5th or 6th, underground work and then the slab, framing the following week.

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

11. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Steve,

Y'all have an elevation print to show what the new clubhouse will look like?

Doug

12. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

send me an email

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.