1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Close-Found One-WTB Rem 1100 Pro Bore Trap Barrel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by benedict1, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

0   0   0

Okay, can't find anyone who wants to sell their Rem 1100 Competition Synthetic trap gun so let's try this: Some of the guys who have them think the Pro Bore 30" barrel too heavy and have replaced them with standard 1100 Trap barrel. This was even done to the guns that came out earlier with regular wood back 3-4 years.

If you have done this, would you sell your Pro Bore 30" barrel with the Briley choke tubes? I have the Rem 1100 Classic Trap all set up with the same synthetic stock arrangement that comes on the new, hard-to-find trap guns. So the barrel would do it.

Please PM me with details. I am ready to deal. Thanks. Walter

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Just FYI, there is no such thing as a "pro bore trap barrel". Remington hasn't produced a real trap barrel in probably close to 20 years now. They were defined by a higher than 50/50 POI, and typically (although not always) had a step rib. Those that didn't have a step rib, but were in fact trap barrels were marked as such.

The only thing remington produces now is a field/sporting barrel with a flat rib and flat POI. Even the barrels on the classic trap guns aren't "trap barrels". They no longer run "trap barrels" and "skeet barrels" and "sporting barrels" and "field barrels". They just run "barrels" and slap them on whatever receiver needs them.

3. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

0   0   0

Check out the barrel on Rem #82821 and then tell me what that is. "Overbored" isn't just some barrel, now is it? I know what I want and that's why I have an adj. comb. My Rem 1100 and MX3 Perazzi both have high combs and shoot 70/30. What more do I need.

I want a Pro Bore barrel.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

While the probore barrel is a little different than the traditional rem-choke barrel, its not that much different. It has about a .008 larger bore, and a different choke system, but that's it. Certainly not what would be considered a "trap barrel" due to the fact that it will shoot dead flat unless you jack the comb up, and does not have a step rib.

5. battuedave

battuedave Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a pro bore barrel I may let go

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

7. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

8. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

0   0   0

Barrel found and bought. Thanks to all of you who reponded to my request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.