1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Close call with a 50 cal. video

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Try this:

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i41.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid41.photobucket.com/albums/e271/allisojh/50caliber.flv"></embed>

2. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

WOW!!!!!!!! I have no idea what he shot at but with a 50 cal I would have never thought that could have happened! He is very lucky the round hit the ground about 50 feet in front of him or he would be dead.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

This was up here about 6 months ago.

4. 27yd or bust

27yd or bust TS Member

5. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

K80, what it looked like to me was that the bullet hit something hard (metal?)way down range then ricocheted back. It skipped off the ground in front of the shooter and then grazed the hair on the side of his head. A few more inches to the right, and he probably would have lost his mind! ....Rick

6. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

He was shooting at a metal plate target.

Thanks for your notation Whiz. You go to the head of the class.

7. hairy

hairy TS Member

Does the bullet come directly back toward the shooter from the plate, or does it ricochet more than one time to get to him? Sure wouldn't have thought that it could come straight back that far.

8. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Well I know it was a metal plate but since they show 50 cal going right through 3 inch steel I would think it would not have ricochet like that. Not only that but it did come right back at him. He is one lucky mo fo for sure!

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

3 inches? You must be some legislator form California? How about 0.44 inches. Now wonder everything gets outlawed.

10. rwm12

rwm12 Member

Walter Note:

11. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Not to pick nits but I read your web site stokinpls and it stated that the round would penetrate 11mm, which is close to 1/2 inch. The kicker is that was at a piece of metal angled at 45 degrees and at a range of 1000 meters.

I suspect it would penetrate much more at a 90 degree plate and at a closer range.

Perhaps some one with experience could enlighten us since now I'm curious.

12. C-Money

C-Money Member

Wow! Corey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.