1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clock ticking in Illinois

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bruce Specht, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

NPR did a feature yesterday on the fact that Lisa Madigan, Ill States Attorney is trying to stop the pending creation of a conceal carry law in the state. I'm guessing at best that the state has about 80 to 90 days to comply with the court order to have a Conceal Carry law on the books. This will be interesting to watch I'm ready to fill out the paper work now, I can only imagine the number of people that will apply. This is nothing but a money maker for a state, that's in financial disaster, The politicians that run this state are to stupid to realize the windfall that's just months away. Michael Madigan and the rest of the theifs that are called state leaders have their pockets filled so it really dosen't mattter to them.

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

The 7th US Court of Appeals gave the state legislature 180 days to revise it's laws to allow concealed carry. That decision was on December 11, 2012 so June 8, 2013 would be the last day.

The fact that she is appealing will likely result in the legislature putting off any action until the last minute. The possiblility of the house and senate sitting on their hands and doing nothing (as usual) appeals to many of us. If they pass no law it may be possible that Illinois would be considered to be a "shall issue" state by default after June 8. In that case any FOID card holder (who has already passed the background check to be issued the FOID) would be allowed to carry with minimal requirements.

Of course that is all speculation, but with the inept legislative branch we have in Illinois it is not beyond the realm of possiblility.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

It's very rare that an entire Appellate review will reverse, let alone untake a review... they may, but I hoping for a quick summary judgment...

Jay

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The HCP program is a cash cow in Tenn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.