1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clock Repair?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have a Seth Thomas (before they started to make junk) mantle clock that I bought for my dad and mom in 1964. It worked flawlessly until this week. It is not a cheap clock. I still have the receipt and I paid $160.00 for it back then. It might be unusual in that it is not a wind up movement. It is 115V electric and chimes on the new hour with Westminister chimes and then rings the number of the hour. It also rings on the half hour with an abbreviated chime.

So far I've not found anyone to work on it. Does anyone know someone who might be able to repair it? I live in the St. Louis area in the summer and Phoenix in the winter. PLEASE HELP!

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

But wouldn't I lose the chimes that way? I'm not against doing it if I could keep the chimes. They are a part of my dad's household and our family tradition.

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Barry, There is a clock guy in Clarksville, Tenn that has worked on ours a couple of times. The wife might remember his name--I'll ask and PM you.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Try Billsclockworks in Indiana.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.