1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clip On Eyeglass Lenses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm looking for a source for various colored clip-ons. I don't want to buy a set of prescriptons because I'm going through a period of prescription changes. It's expensive enough just to pay for clear lenses. With my last new pair all I could get was very dark and very Rootbeer. I need I guess is a source that can provide different lens sizes but they have to be clip on. Anyone?

2. ALFkam

ALFkam TS Member

I am elated with my new Ranger (Randolph Engineering) Sporter Rx which comes in eye sizes 57 mm and 62 mm. Local optical center was a Ranger dealer - took 1 week to receive merchandise from Ranger and another week for the clear bifocal prescription installation. Also purchased clip=on lens tint - light high definition, vermillion, brown polarized and CMT (color mag) with discount. Saved me a small fortune in lieu of individual bifocal tints with Decot since 1979.

You will have to know your frame size and call Ranger (800) 541-1405 for fit. Popular tints were $76 each and the polarized/CMT were $113 each (list price).

3. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I have the same as ALFkam and they have saved me a lot in Rx lenses since
    I've had them.
    A little heavier but well worth it to me. Wearing for a day at a time doesn't
    bother me at all.
    If you need a new Rx, you still have the colors you started out with. Had an
    optician measure the optical center while I had my gun mounted. She didn't care
    at all. Had a small bi-focal put in the bottom. Best decision I ever made.
    Got mine from Texas Optical and that's what he recommended.
    Mike C.

4. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I was in line right behind ALFKam and am happy with the purchase.
    dju

5. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

My optometrist has racks of different colored clipons. All the way from very light yellow to dark gray and green. There were reds, browns, and other colors available, too. I can order any size to fit any lens size or shape, and was told other colors were available. Try asking your optometrist or opthalmologist what they have available, or can order.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Google, "clip-on lenses for shooting". Lot's of choices there.