1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ Clinton Vice Presidential Candidate @@@

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bocephas, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Bill will be your next Vice President.

I think it's funny.
    You think this is a joke,look what we got in there now.

Mission Accomplished

Bocephas

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Shes already selected her Mate....er....make that Running Mate, but Tron ain't talking!

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

By the way.....iffen she gets elected, we gonna have a National Menapause Day?

4. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

The 12th Amendment provides that no person constitutionally ineligible to be President may be VP. Since Bubba has already served his maximum of two terms as President, he is ineligible to be President and consequently also ineligible to be VP.

Thank God.

That said, yes, certainly any VP would be third fiddle in such a circumstance. God willing and the creek don't rise, it won't come up. But I'm not holding my breath.

Tony

5. Cy-Kick

Cy-Kick TS Member

The Twelfth Amendment concerns qualification for service, while the Twenty-second Amendment concerns qualifications for election. Neither theory has ever been tested, as no former president has ever sought the vice presidency, and thus, the courts have never had an opportunity to decide the question.

6. Frenchy

Frenchy Member

A little back round may be helpful here. Franklin Roosevelt in his fourth(4) term as President was old and sickley,the war in Europe was turning our way and at the various meetings of Allied countries, Stalin pick up on this very quickley,he made demands that were a real bad for a free Europe after the war,but Roosevelt caved into him against the advice of his advisors.Roosevelt dies Truman takes over he is told to reopen the talkes with Stalin,he declined and Europe is plunged into a nightmare of communisum after the war.Next President; General Eisenhower who was one of the men who knew what Stalin was up to but could not convince Roosevelt or Truman of that fact, was the one who made the law that a President may only serve two (2)"consecutive" terms as President.Now here is my question: dose the amendment clearly state after a man has served two(2)consecutive terms as President and has, say sat out a term or two(2) that this man cannot run for President again? I believe you are reading this amendment wrong what say you?

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Hasn't she picked Fidel to run with her? They have a LOT in common, and the Beard has an unlimited supply of cigars.

8. whiz630

whiz630 TS Member

i believe the clintons will win because they have the best political machine going.they know that 95% of all people are sheep and will follow any thing bill says. to cover all bases i believe they will run a black colin powell or convince oboma or because hillary hates the military she will cover herself with general clark.they have the best proparganda machine run by carvel,.god bless america. whiz630

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

frenchy you asked "dose the amendment clearly state after a man has served two(2)consecutive terms as President and has, say sat out a term or two(2) that this man cannot run for President again?" I copied this directly from Wikipedia, you read it for yourself. By the way I see nothing that says consecutive. This is from the 22 Amendment.

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.
    Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

Another couple of interesting points "Ronald Reagan publicly supported repealing the amendment. Bill Clinton stated his opposition to repealing the amendment, but supported modifying it to prohibit former presidents from serving more than two consecutive terms, but permitting them to seek election after an intervening term." Sounds like a long range plan in the making. What do you think????????

Bob Lawless

10. Frenchy

Frenchy Member

Ivahoe thank you for the info, been out of schol for a while and when the last child left and made us empty nesters all the books went with them.I should have looked it up on the net but was pressed for time,thanks again.This answered the question perfectly.

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

frenchy you also stated "Next President; General Eisenhower who was one of the men who knew what Stalin was up to but could not convince Roosevelt or Truman of that fact, was the one who made the law that a President may only serve two (2)"consecutive" terms"

This is not correct according to Wikipedia, Eisenhower took a different stand than you have stated "Dwight D. Eisenhower expressed his strong opposition to term limits, saying, "The United States ought to be able to choose for its President anybody it wants, regardless of the number of terms he has served" also the 22nd Amendment was "ratified by the requisite number of states on February 27, 1951." Eisenhower was elected in 1952 and served from 53-61. I only write this to keep the record straight.

12. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Clinton for President and O'Bama for VP. Michael

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They will create an economic collapse worse than the Great Depression. The destruction may very well shake the economic foundations of the civilized world.

My advice is to stock up on bullets and powder and primers. The economic collapse will engender civil unrest to a high degree.

Of course, the other alternative is for the sheep to willingly go back to working quite hard for bare subsistence as in before the labor unions gained sway in the capitalist economy.

HM

14. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Halfmile, I think the man in there now has already set the roll for a Great Depression.Only a blind man could not see this.
    We are spending money we don't have.
    Yet, he wants to give out a tax rebate.
    One Question who do you think will pay for this?
    Watch the Stock Market tomorrow.
    The whole World has lost faith in us as the stock markets overseas showed today.

Bocephas

15. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Tron who else???

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.