1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clinton endorsed by Iowa Unions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I read in the Des Moines Registar that Clinton is endorsed by Iowa unions-- reaasons:

1. She understands the common person

2. She wont agree to any trade with South Korea unless it benefits the US Worker

without any other comment I will say the following

1. She has never worked a regular job nor will she understand what that is

2. Her husband was the one that signed an agreement with China years before it was needed -- and that is one of the problems we have now

3. She is as anti gun as any politician ever will be

4. Her husband raped the military and downsized them while using them over twice as much as any other president-- he was the most clueless commander in chief in history-- he will be surpassed in that category if she is elected

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. SOLOR GUY

SOLOR GUY TS Member

he was the most clueless commander in chief in history-- He has been surpassed by the present idiot in chief

3. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Gene, which part of the state are you in? What club do you shoot at most? I still have family in Ottumwa, Winterset, and Shenandoah and they are worried too. I am getting into Iowa once or twice a month. I am starting to know the potholes around Des Moines by name. Omaha

4. g7777777

West of Des Moines slightly

New Pioneer gun club

or up by Boone- Boone County Sportsmans club

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Unions endorced Hillary.<br>
    <br>
    Like that's a surprise.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Gene......What day was that article in? I'd like to read it.

Bill

7. g7777777

It must have been in the Friday editorials- I just barely got to read it as I was eating at a restaurant

now interestingly enough- we have republican and democratic candidates here all the time--- one of the republican candidates actually went to a gun show on his last trip here -- dont remember which one that was

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Endorsed by unions.............great statement. What Unions? Let's have a reference here.

Sounds like hype to me. A statement like that should have more than just the word "unions". building trades, factory workers, food/commercial, Teamsters,what union is being quoted?

Or does every local of every union march in lock step because someone said so?

You need to do better than that to make inflammatory statements.

come on,idiots, let's pile on this one!

HM

9. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Of course Clinton was endorsed...she and Billy owned the union vote. However, they did not get a large portion of the members votes...members are usually smarter than the leadership. And Iowa union membership has to be a pretty small number. Wow, if Hillary is annointed, here comes employer paid mandatory health coverage for all(leaving many corps. to register in another country or be forced to completely outsource jobs), higher taxes, increased taxes on estates and more emminent domain laws.

10. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

all the Democrat candidates are going to be getting huge donations from anyone who belongs to a union in this next election cycle. Won't matter whether or not YOU as an individual voter/worker support those left-wing candidates or not...Seems they got this little thing they call the "Employee Free Choice Act"( H.R. 800) that the unions desparately need to pass, and with the help of the bought and paid for liberal politicians...they'll probably get it done. When this one goes through...the secret ballot in union organizing campaigns will be a thing of the past. Allowing workers to vote in secret hasn't been working out so well for the union bosses, so they've cooked this up. Once in effect, they will simply need to get union cards signed by a simple majority of workers. Sounds simple and fair so far right...well, the kicker is...this signing will be done publicly..NO right to private, secret vote. The union just has to get a goon squad to visit each worker in their home, or out in a parking lot someplace...and "expalin how much better off they'll be" if they sign the card...and...how much worse off they're going to be if they don't.
    Hey...they gotta do something...letting workers vote by secret ballot has cost them thousands of members...if they can't intimidate..their sorry worn out 1920's excuses for organizing don't convince enough people anymore.

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Gene, if you live west of Des Moines you are my neighbor. I live in Panora and we have trap, skeet and sporting clays. Halfmile, why would it be an imflamatory stamement to say unions endorsed Hillary? If they endorsed a republican it would have been generations ago and Pat I would say most, but not all union members vote democratic. At least in the 2 large unions I was in since 1977. AFSCME and United Rubber Workers, now with US Steel workers. Republicans were made fun of

12. g7777777

I have wanted to try that Panora range but cant find anything about it

on the Union issue- I have sat with aflcio members and they tell me they vote for whomever they are told to vote for

I said I wouldnt comment on the Union thing but someone now has mentioned the doing away with secret ballots and intimidating workers to vote union----- that is pure wrong and against everythng we stand for in america

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Gene. We are 2 miles North of Panora on highway 4. Turn left at the paved road by the church, go 1/2 mile to the first house on the north side of the road. Follow the signs at the entrance and you are there. Skeet and trap as needed from about 9:00 till everyone has enough. Usually early afternoon. Open every sunday and lunch is usually availiable in the form of a grilled burger or brat with chips. New pat trap with voice activated release, nice shade. nice little club. $40 annual membership gets you $2.50 targets and access to our component list. $4.50 fee for non members. Everyone welcome.

14. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

omahasportingsupplies does your relation in ottumwa shoot,i've lived in ottumwa all my life and might know them even if they don't shoot

15. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Half mile.............I have the same questions as you do. I'm fairly active in the union I belong to and have heard nothing as to backing any candidates. .

Actually we've backed more republicans over the last few years than Democrats. The reason is we back the individual who is for public works bills. Like hiway and sewer projects, Ethanol Plants and the like. These same bills that do pass are bid on by union and non-union companies alike, and many are awarded to the non-union sector of the workforce.

Oh and Istupidtrapshooter.....we do have the choice whether to or not to give to the political fund and I personally know some that don't, with no repercussions. Sorry but I just can't agree on almost every post you write. But I'm sure your still a nice guy.

Don Steele........and your going to tell everyone that big business doesn't give to the Republican party without any expected favors? Get real!!!!!!! It's all a game played by both parties and the citizens are caught in the middle.

I've stated before that if anyone thinks that Big ( or any ) business would give their employees a decent wage, insurance, 40 hour work week and most importantly a 'safe place to work' out of the goodness of their hearts they're sadly mistaken.

There a some posters here that have made your points in a civilized way and I thank you for that. For the rest, Flame away it's not a perfect world.

Bill

16. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

No matter wether you union or not if we don't start voting with our minds instead of our billfolds before long we wont have a choice. And that is what the Clintons are for.

I am not a bible thumper but George Washington said it this way. If you take the bible out of Government then there will soon be no goverment.

17. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in a list of unions that did not support democrats. It might clear up some pre-conceived notions I have.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Union for most of my working life, no one ever owned my vote. My point was that this seemed to be a blanket indictment of ALL union members as if it was a done deal.

Still waiting to hear which specific unions are referred to.

Union issues usually meet with more favor on the donkey side, and that can't be denied. I guess you could call that buying votes.

Gene, name your source.

HM

19. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Gene,

Have you ever been to the Madison County Sportmans Club in Winterset?

I heard the New Pioneer was going to throw ATA targets this year. Haven't seen anything about it though. Was wondering if you have heard anything while out there. Guess I should just stop on my way home some afternoon.

Good to know about the Panora club. Always looking for a place to shoot.

20. g7777777

I havent- have heard about it- Winterset is just to the south of me

New Pioneer is ameanable to throwing ATA targets- the problem is the board told everyone they were moving- and there has been a lot of controversy over that- so while some things are still trying to be pushed through by hard working board members- most of them seem to have a fatalistic approach

The theory of the board at New Pioneer is 1. We will have to move or 2. A toddler will wander out on our range and get shot--------- I have tried to convince them they are wrong on count 2 and on count one the courts have pretty consistently sided with the gun clubs

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.