1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clinton (BUTCH) Semmel Up date!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Remingtondon, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

New York State Trap Shooters, this is an up date on the medical status of Butch Semmel at Highland Hospital in Rochester, NY. Butch contracted a virual infection that has stumped doctors and experts for months. It put Butch into a comma for 17 days and caused breathing issues to where a Trig. had to be put in to assist him. Butch was sent home and less the 2 weeks later was rushed back in with the same 104+ fever and breathing issues. Butch threw blood clots through his heart and lungs but never stopped fighting. I spent an hour and a half with Butch and Alice Sunday and " HE LOOKS GOOD"! He's feeling a lot better and Alice and his son Tracy has been with him the whole way. Butch has been and remains a mistery and Doctors are studing him because this infection has never been seen and treatment is still exploritory. Yep, some day you may hear of someone suffering from the "Semmel" infection because he may be the first known case. The Good news is that Butch is really improving and with the help of prays and God we are all looking forward to having him home for Christmas, and for good! This has been a hard battle for Butch and Alice Too, but friends and family have stood behind them and have been there and that is what it's all about. Anyone in the area of Highland Hospital should stop in and say HI in room 519 West wing, Butch loves seeing all his friends and Alice does too! If you can't stop by then send a pray and wish for a speedy and complete recovery because they are always welcome. Keep Smiling all and Watch for Butch on the Trap field at Mt Morris and Mumford as soon as it warns up this spring where it's reasonable to actually practice. Butch told everyone he was taking the winter off from shooting this year, Hey Butch, if you decide to take next winter off again, take Alice and vist Tracy in Texas or go on vacation to Florida, it's a lot more fun then Highland Hospitol.

Don Alderson, dalderson@berettausa.com

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Butch has my best wishes for a speed recovery.

3. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Butch,

Hang in there...

Don,

Thank you for the update.

Jon Reitz

4. irnctystamp

irnctystamp TS Member

I lived in NY and now in TN. Give Butch and Alice mt regards, they will be in my prayers. Frank Yost

5. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Clinton (Butch) Semmel up date!
    Email:
    Date: Mon, Dec 03, 2012 - 07:20 PM ET
    Website Address:

Dont know the man but I wish him a speedy recovery.. Dave

Show reply form below - Reply to the forum thread - Email a link to this post - Email a link to this thread - Watch This Thread - Back to the Trap Discussion Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Thread
    Email: (Insert my email address on file with Trapshooters.com) NOT RECOMMENDED!
    Website URL: (Example: http://www.trapshooters.com)
    Image URL: (Example: http://www.trapshooters.com/images/default.gif)
    Watch Thread:
    Insert/Upload Image
    Enter message below (hit enter twice after each paragraph)
    Please be mindful of your content youngsters read this forum.

If you want people to respect your submission please add your real name to your post.
    Remember: Its easy to forget that you are responding to a person who can't see your face, hear your tone of voice, or judge your mood. You only have written words to communicate your point. Ask yourself if you would say this to that person's face before pressing Submit Message.

Make a good impression by taking the time to use correct spelling and grammar. Responses are stronger when they are clear, concise, and on topic. Avoid shouting: Responses written with all capital letters symbolize shouting. Use capital letters sparingly. A message in all caps is considered rude.

Threads containing offensive posts or personal attacks may be deleted. Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right.

Please click the submit button only once, it may take a few moments for our system to respond.

Email:
    Date: Tue, Dec 04, 2012 - 08:11 AM ET
    Website Address:

Don, thanks for the update on Butch.

Mary Ann and I are praying for him and Alice.

Ron Burdick

Show reply form below - Reply to the forum thread - Email a link to this post - Email a link to this thread - Watch This Thread - Back to the Trap Discussion Web

Reply to Thread
    Watch Thread:
    Insert/Upload Image

If you want people to respect your submission please add your real name to your post.
    Remember: Its easy to forget that you are responding to a person who can't see your face, hear your tone of voice, or judge your mood. You only have written words to communicate your point. Ask yourself if you would say this to that person's face before pressing Submit Message.

Make a good impression by taking the time to use correct spelling and grammar. Responses are stronger when they are clear, concise, and on topic. Avoid shouting: Responses written with all capital letters symbolize shouting. Use capital letters sparingly. A message in all caps is considered rude.

Threads containing offensive posts or personal attacks may be deleted. Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right.

Please click the submit button only once, it may take a few moments for our system to respond.

Email:
    Date: Tue, Dec 04, 2012 - 10:49 AM ET
    Website Address:

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how he was doing. I used to live in NY, but now TN. Give Butch and Alice my regards. They will be in my prayers. Frank Yost

Reply to Thread
    Watch Thread:
    Insert/Upload Image

Email:
    Date: Tue, Dec 04, 2012 - 10:51 AM ET
    Website Address:

Hey Don,

Tell Butch and Alice we are sending prayers to them from South Carolina.

Hope to see both of them next summer !!!

Dave & Judy Monahan

Reply to Thread
    Watch Thread:
    Insert/Upload Image

Email:
    Date: Tue, Dec 04, 2012 - 11:49 AM ET
    Website Address: http://greenhornmarkswoman.wordpress.com

It's good to hear an update on Butch! Thank you for that; I hadn't heard anything since he fell into the coma and was getting really worried. Tell him to keep getting better. I expect to see him at Mt. Morris come spring-I'll wear my 'Team Butch' t-shirt.

Thoughts and regards from Grand Island.

Taylor K.

6. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

Heads up to all Western NY State Trap shooters - LDTL / Blizzard / and all summer leagues. To my knowledge Butch is doing better but will be at Highland for at least another 2 weeks. The hopes are he will be home for Christmas and Tracy and the family will be up for Christmas too! Please make an effort to stop in and say "Hi" personally. I understand everyone is busy but 5 minutes of your time would make a world of difference to a Great Guy who has given so much of himself to help everyone else - Butch was never a rich man money wise but friend wise He's the richest man in the world, let him know that!

Thanks, Don

7. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Donny,

Can you give us Butch and Alice's home address so we can shower them with cards?

As you mentioned, they are great people !

Thanks, and we'll see you next summer...

Dave and Judy in South Carolina

8. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

Cards and well wishes can be sent to Alice & Butch Semmel,37 North Street, Caledonia, New York 14423

Thanks you and keep the faith... Don

9. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Thanks Don !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.