1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clinton (Butch) Semmel up date!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Remingtondon, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

New York State Trap Shooters, this is an up date on the medical status of Butch Semmel at Highland Hospital in Rochester, NY. Butch contracted a virual infection that has stumped doctors and experts for months. It put Butch into a comma for 17 days and caused breathing issues to where a Trig. had to be put in to assist him. Butch was sent home and less the 2 weeks later was rushed back in with the same fever and breathing issues. Butch threw blood clots through his heart and lungs but never stopped fighting.
    I spent an hour and a half with Butch and Alice Sunday and " HE LOOKS GOOD"!
    He's feeling a lot better and Alice and his son Tracy has been with him the whole way. Butch has been and remains a mistery and Doctors are studing him because this infection has never been seen and treatment is still exploritory. Yep, some day you may hear of someone suffering from the "Semmel" infection because he may be the first known case.
    The Good news is that Butch is really improving and with the help of prays and God we are all looking forward to having him home for Christmas, and for good!
    This has been a hard battle for Butch and Alice Too, but friends and family have stood behind them and have been there and that is what it's all about. Anyone in the area of Highland Hospital should stop in and say HI in room 519 West wing, Butch loves seeing all his friends and Alice does too! If you can't stop by then send a pray and wish for a speedy and complete recovery because they are always welcome.
    Keep Smiling all and Watch for Butch on the Trap field at Mt Morris and Mumford as soon as it warns up this spring where it's reasonable to actually practice. Butch told everyone he was taking the winter off from shooting this year, Hey Butch, if you decide to take next winter off again, take Alice and vist Tracy in Texas or go on vacation to Florida, it's a lot more fun the Highland Hospitol.

Don Alderson, dalderson@berettyas.com

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dont know the man but I wish him a speedy recovery.. Dave

3. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Don, thanks for the update on Butch.

Mary Ann and I are praying for him and Alice.

Ron Burdick

4. irnctystamp

irnctystamp TS Member

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how he was doing. I used to live in NY, but now TN. Give Butch and Alice my regards. They will be in my prayers. Frank Yost

5. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Hey Don,

Tell Butch and Alice we are sending prayers to them from South Carolina.

Hope to see both of them next summer !!!

Dave & Judy Monahan

6. T.A.K.

T.A.K. Member

It's good to hear an update on Butch! Thank you for that; I hadn't heard anything since he fell into the coma and was getting really worried. Tell him to keep getting better. I expect to see him at Mt. Morris come spring-I'll wear my 'Team Butch' t-shirt.

Thoughts and regards from Grand Island.

Taylor K.

7. Scotty585

Scotty585 Member

Butch came home yesterday afternoon. He's looking good and recovering slowly.

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Welcome home Butch....

Now, stay there for a while and do NOT chase Alice around !!

Get well soon !!!

Dave & Judy in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.