1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clinton Ban- did a single person notice a differen

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I remember not noticing a difference

When it was overturned I remember thinking- hmmm- I dont feel any different- did something happen that I should be noticing

The end of the world is coming- I remember it happened before and I dont remember how long it lasted

?

Anyone?

Just curious

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

How's fishing?

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Truly though

Did a single person on here notice a difference?

Snow coming in- I think fish bite then

But everyone with all this we have to fight this to the wall mentality- forget about what the parents want or whatever

Did anyone notice a difference that truly affected you and what was it?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yes I noticed. Once the "pre ban" hi cap mags dried up, you couldn't find one. I'm a plinker. I could only buy 10 round mags for my 10/22's. I regretted not buying more 20-30 round mags for them. The feed lips on most of those mags are plastic. They wear out. This doesn't even touch the fact that the AR15's doubled and tripled and more in price. Before the ban I was shopping some priced at $500. After the ban they were selling for $2000+

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Crazy Gene,

You are nothing more than a troll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep, some very nicely built rifles and pistols no longer were allowed to be imported!

Prices double overnite!

People horded all kinds of reloading components.

Full-auto shears were just a "ask" for part to be purchased.

Need I go on??

Yes there was a DIFFERENCE !

7. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Actually, Gene, the crime rate was on a downturn when the AWB was passed, remained at the same rate of decrease the whole time it was in effect, and then continued at the same rate of decrease after it expired until the present!

So, effectively, the AWB accomplished nothing but to inconvenience law-abiding citizens and create more bureaucracy for the feds to try and manage.

Kiv

8. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Here on Long Island yes, It made a difference. 10 round limit on everything. No folding or collapsable stock on anything. Prices went nuts. Im not a " black gun" shooter but I dont like being told what I can & cant have by people who have NO clue.

9. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

30 round AR magazines were 5X overpriced. What was really inconvenient was having to duct tape the bayonet on the AR's. BT100dc

10. 527varmint

527varmint Member

30 round mags are very useful for prarie dog shooters, hog hunters in texas who can shoot as many as they want. People act like there is no hunting application for them and it is retarded. Trust me, varmint hunters noticed a difference.

we already have an AWB in ca so it doesn't matter other then driving up prices and depleting stock.

11. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Let's not forget that the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. 30rd magazines have a legitimate use in defense.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yes, because we could not put a threaded muzzle and a suppressor on post-ban guns for noise reduction. Also there was grandfathering and no ban on transfers. This time may be quite different.

Also, anyone who says these guns are not used for hunting is either incredibly ignorant or is a liar. Plenty of us use them for hunting. Here's a pic of me hunting coyotes at the ranch that were bothering our livestock. The gun is a Remington R15.

View attachment 200182

13. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Yeah there was a difference. The price went through the roof. Alot of people made alot of money. But it probably never stopped one shooting.

14. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Yes, the politicians saw a difference with the next election.

15. rw993

rw993 Active Member

Good thing we aren't into personal Atom Bombs..... It would be inconvenient to not have them. I love all guns, I don't have a problem with any inconvenience in life. Why waste the energy. They can ban guns, but the taking away part probably won't go very well. Having to change magazines is an inconvenience. In combat it is a little more than that! When we get to that point, if you don't already have what you want it is your fault. I have enough to defend.

RW

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Connecticut passed every Brady bunch, gun restrictive, legislative recommendation they could and still.......

Let's see here, currently an assault weapons ban in effect in Connecticut, and still......

Banning assault weapons doesn't help prevent anything and never will.

Banning anything just makes it that much more sought after.

17. newbbs

newbbs Member

Hillsdale has a great course on the Constitution. Gene you can even by your own copy at any book store.

It's an interesting read.

R Newberry

18. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

The columbine killers didn't notice a difference on whether or not the assault weapons ban was in place, which it was in 1999 when they killed the students and teachers out there.

19. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

nebbs: hillsdale college, Constitution 101 ?

Isn't that on-line? Is that how I find it?

Heard about it from the Marine team armorer last summer

regards

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hey at least the Clinton ban put a stop to all those drive by bayonetings!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.