1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clinic Question??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ExFedex, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

For those of you that have taken clinics my question is this. How many shells have you fired per day? Were you still receptive to instruction at the end of the day? Was interested in a local clinic by a very qualified shooter until I was told that about 900 rounds would be shot in a two day seminar. It could be that I am too old for that amount of shooting too. Did some flight traing years ago and had to watch for the "shade dropping". After that we were wasting time and money. Thanks for your input.

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I just took a two day refresher from Kay Ohye before the GLG. We shot 450 targets total in 85-90 degree weather--it was enough. 900 targets? Forget it, unless you're very used to shooting that much.

3. LarrySC

LarrySC TS Member

The quantity of shells varies by instructor; thus, it is probably immaterial that I usually shot 400 to 500 shells per day in the various clinics that I attended.

If you are worried about the quantity of shells talk to the instructor before signing up for the clinic and discuss whether he/she would have an objection if you took a few breaks. Although a clinic can be a long intense day, I always wanted to have an early evening meal and then continue the clinic (whether in the classroom or on the range)for another hour or hour and a half after the meal.

Larry

4. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thanks for your input. It is appreciated. Bill H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.