1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clenzoil

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grunt, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT Good product,Good question.

2. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi ed, i use clensoil on all the guns that come accrost my bench and have not had a problem with it reacting badley with finishes on wood.

i would say that i do not use it on the wood. if a little gets on the finish as i am useing clensoil i simpley wipe it off. i do not use clensoil on the wood finish as a cleaner or polish. but when a little gets on the wood no worry.

hope this helps doug hubbart gunsmith

3. 527varmint

527varmint Member

Its good stuff I been using it for a long time and love it. I know it says you can put it on wood but I wouldn't.

What I recomend is just putting bee's wax or paste wax on it. There is another product, I forget the name, they sell it at home depot. Go over to rimfire central and ask or do a search. Its supposed to really bring out the grain. Birchwood casey also makes stock wax.

besides wood softening another reason not to use oil is it causes teh stock to stick to your face. After shooting a lot you skin will get irritated.

4. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

The product that 527varmit is referring to is Howard Restore A Finish and Howard Feed N Wax. Sold at Home Depot. I have been using it for sometime with amazing results.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have used Clenzoil for years on leather, wood, metal, shoes, boots, bag you name it and I have probably used Clenzoil on it ... I had a Buick Reatta with a leather interior and after Clenzoil it looked better than it ever did ... I uas it on oil finish stocks and never had any issues with it ... The stuff cleans the bore like nobodys business ... I use it to the point I buy it by the case ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. 527varmint

527varmint Member

Yes it is howards feed n wax, thanks.

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Best I have ever used and use it for everything. Guns, wood, leather

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.