1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clenzoil, Eezox or Breakfree?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

What do you use and which is best and why? I need to stock up on something. Jake

2. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I have been using 711 made by Sprayon(divison of Sherwin Williams) for over 20 years. It is the best lub and corrosion inhibitor I have ever used. It drys and leaves no greasy film. I have never had a spot of rust even after leaving guns set for years. Every body I show it to tries it and loves it. And I do not work for them. Glenn

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

99, There you go making me even more confused. I have not used (nor truthfully heard of) 711. I really want to stock up on the best CLP and just go with it. I AM concerned about rust protection. I live close to the ocean. Folks say Clenzoil is the best for eating rust. Eezox claims nothing protects better and I know some folks love Breakfree. I am looking for ease of use and BEST protection. Others? Jake

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I wish I had never heard of 7/11 ... they used to decent coffee there but nows it swampwater crap and the only thing that keeps me going there is they have a killer brownie in the donut case or are you meaning some other 711?

5. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Sorry I did not mean to confuse you. Thats all I use and have had very good luck with it. It is real damp here also and so is my basement. I was an auto mechanic for 40 years and used a lot of industrial products. This was one of those. Glenn

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Clenzoil is what I use and find it to do just what it was designed to do, which is protect your guns and many other applications such as leather products ... I keep a bottle of "Slip 2000" around also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

99.... I have used all the ones you mentioned above and I settled on Breakfree. I also live by the ocean, and regulary shoot in some generally moist conditions. I have spent many hours in a duck boat on the Humboldt Bay, as well as in the salt water marshes surrounding the bay. I have used Breakfree exclusively on my duck gun since it was new and have had zero problems with rust or corrosion. I use it on my Perazzi as well and have had no problems at all....Just my experience....Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I have used both 711's. This one comes in a spray can. Glenn

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dang ... your kind of lucky WireyDude. Most who use that for there guns have problem with it eating the metal under the bluing as well.

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Lumps & Wiredude, You guys serious? 7/11 took off finish (bluing)or worse? Brakefree is looing better all the time. Jake

11. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

He is talking about the 7-11 convenience store! Joe is a slang term for coffee. I'm a Clenzoil fan. Crush 'em all! Bob

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

jakearoo ... the 7/11 we are mentioning is the convenience store not product that straight99 is talking about. Note the mention of coffee and brownies and such ... it is not the product that straight99 is talking about but the 7/11 convenience store.

13. teleskier

teleskier Member

Like TRAP2 I live here at the ocean with him. I have used BreakFree and have had no problems on my hunting or trap guns. Breakfree CLP is just that, Cleaner, Lubricant and Protector. They do have another product that is thicker and leans more to the protection side. I bought my first little bottle of it to try a couple of months ago and use it on my longer term storage guns that are not used frequently. Mike

14. funski

funski Member

been using mobil 1--if its good enough for the hottest cars inthe world its good enough for my model 12

15. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Ithaca,
    When you use the Eezox, do you use it alone as the company suggests? Do you grease the lugs in addition or not? Do you clean up the guns pre-eezox with degreaser? Jake

16. JLW

JLW TS Member

When I use Ee-zox, I apply it by rag like any oil.

I use LPS-3 Rust Inhibitor on machine tools (lathe/mill) when I know they are going to sit for a long while w/o use.

Mainly, I use Rem Oil........but, I am not a "ruster" either.-Jerald

17. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

So what do you guys use to make a semi auto (1187 or 390) function in sub zero(farenheit) temps?

18. Anti-Fed

Anti-Fed Member

Been using Breakfree...but then never heard of the other 3. Where can they be found?

Jed

19. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I have used 711 at sub freezing temps. and it works. You can get it at Sherwin Williams paint stores or any store that handles Sprayon paint. Sprayon paint is their trade name. I have also found it at auto parts stores and at industrial supply companys like www.taindustrial.com Glenn

20. Anti-Fed

Anti-Fed Member

Glenn,

Thank you sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

clenzoil clp

clenzoil vs breakfree

clenzoil vs eezox