1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clearview Chokes ????Help please????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cottondoctor, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

PerraziBogBore,
    The chokes are made by Steve Baldwin of Mechanical Accuracy in Jones Oklahoma. A great person, super machinest and gun smith, great shooter, great chokes too - I will look up phone number and post it for you -

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Larry Nailon is the mfg of clearview chokes.

From Black's Wing and Clay:

Clear View Products, Inc.
    Established 1975
    3021 N. Portland
    Oklahoma City, OK 73107
    Phone: 405-943-9222

Description:
    Custom screw-in chokes; Load development & Shot string measurement.

3. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

thats right larry nailon made them. ive heard great things. this guy knows alot about a shotgun barrel. there probably ported. and there his threads

4. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

PerraziBigBore - Steve Baldwin can tell u about them - Mechanichal Accuracy, Jones OK - 405-399-2875

5. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Larry Nailon, what a neat guy. If you talk to him on the phone, speak-up, 40 yrs. of shooting can do that to you.

He made me some Clearview screw-in-chokes - excellent and not expensive. He is a wealth of knowledge on ballistics - see numerous articles in Clay Shooting USA. ie. he convinced me that the hotter your barrel becomes, the tighter your constriction. Shooting in Houston during the summer those barrels get so hot you cannot touch them.

6. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Larrys hearing loss occurred when he was a really young boy, he was helping a circus that had come to town and they were going to have a fireworks display. He was out securing the "cannons" as he was told and some guy was messing with the wires and several of them went off, inches to a few feet away.

But you are correct, what a neat guy, that tungsten he's working with now is like a rifle shot.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Threads like this one are what makes TS.com a great place. I and a lot of other people learned a lot today. All Good Mike ( sorry, couldn't resist)

8. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Good report, Big Bore. I didn't think you would be disappointed but just patiently waiting for you to post results which I knew you would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

clearview shotgun chokes