1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clearfield hybrid sunflower seeds for dove fields

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blowin smoke, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Does anyone know of a supplier where I can purchase Clearfield sunflower seeds and "Beyond" herbicide? I've called Tractor Supply and a few other places and they never heard of either. Thanks.

Mike in VA

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Might try Helena Chemicals

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Google search is your friend. A search of "Clearfield Sunflower Seeds" and "Beyond Herbicide" shows a company called Mycogen has the seeds and Beyond Herbicide is a product of BASF. A call to either company should get you a supplier.

4. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Before I posted I was on those sights mentioned and then some. I called the BASF sales rep. listed on their website who was very nice, but did not have a clue where I could buy the stuff for some reason. I was able to get in touch with a local sales rep. at Helena and he was familiar with both items and is trying to get me a current price on the herbicide. (He thought the minimum you can buy is a gallon and he was thinking it was about $500.00 bucks a gallon - ouch...) I think the Helena chemicals tip is gonna work out and do appreciate the help guys.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Go to "Seed 2000" and hit sunflowers. Then hit the dealer search on the top right bar.

Most of the dealers are in Northern states. I know we got our last batch from Tennessee Seeds, but they don't handle them anymore. The spray is very concentrated, like 2oz does an acre. Very expensive.

6. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

This may of changed, but be careful planting bait fields for migratory birds. I had a friend that planted corn for doves several years ago. Prior to the season, he bush hogged the corn, and invited a large group of friends out for opening day. After the shooting stopped, the feds gathered around the field and wrote tickets for an hour. It was a real ordeal for all involved. If I remember correctly, the key to determining whether or not a field is legal is whether bona fide agricultural practices have been employed. If corn, milo, wheat, or some other grain crop has been planted and harvested in a normal manner, it is perfectly legal to hunt. But, if there is cracked corn, soybeans, sunflower seeds, or other grain, and no evidence that those grains are simply typical remains from harvesting the crop that was grown there, it is best to leave.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

It clearly explains what you can do in the game laws. Sunflowers are not a problem. You can bushog anything, but you can't add grain or purposely spill or dump grain to hunt over.

Ducks and geese...different story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
big hybrid sunflowers for doves

clearfield sunflower seed dealers

clearfield sunflower seeds for sale

clearfield sunflowers for doves

clearfield sunflowers for sale

hybrid sunflower seed for dove fields
hybrid sunflower seed for doves
sunflower seeds for doves clearfeild