1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Clear View Reservoirs for Ponsness/Warren Loaders

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by skeeljc, Jun 29, 2012.

1. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Are you tired of not being able to see the powder and shot levels through your opaque EZ-FILL hopper?

I make a set of Reservoirs that fit on the EZ-FILL base and provide a clear view of the powder and shot levels. The tube on the powder reservoir is Polycarbonate (Lexan) and the tube on the shot reservoir is Acrylic (Plexiglas). They are almost as clear as glass. They have tight fitting caps. Each reservoir is secured to the EZ-FILL base with two set screws for a rock solid mounting.

I have changed the tube material on the powder reservoir from Acrylic to Polycarbonate because some of the newer Hodgdon powders (like LongShot) will etch the Acrylic plastic. Polycarbonate holds up much better than Acrylic.

The shot reservoir holds 25 pounds of shot and the powder reservoir holds a pound of powder.<BR>The shot reservoir is 4” in diameter by 12” tall. The powder reservoir is 2.75” in diameter by 12” tall.

[​IMG]

The reservoirs have built-in baffles to assure consistent metering.<BR>
    [​IMG]

The Acrylic Reservoirs are about 3” taller than the original EZ-FILL hopper.<BR>
    [​IMG]

The flat bottom design allows good access to the bushings.<BR>
    [​IMG]

The Acrylic Reservoirs mount on any EZ-FILL base.<BR>
    My Aluminum Base---------------------------------P/W aluminum base--------------------------------- P/W plastic base<BR>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The base in the photos IS NOT INCLUDED with the set of reservoirs.

If you need an EZ-FILL base please consider my
    <a href="http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=313490" target="_blank">Machined Aluminum EZ-FILL Base</a>

These reservoirs will fit the new Patriot loader.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The price is $105.00 plus shipping which is based on your location.

Email or PM me your shipping address for a total with the shipping.

[​IMG]
  2. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Now you can have a powder reservoir for your Ponsness/Warren that will remain clear even when you leave the powder in the reservoir between loading sessions. I have developed a powder reservoir that incorporates a PYREX glass tube. PYREX glass is the glass used in laboratory equipment. It is highly resistant to chemical attack.

My PYREX Powder Reservoir is the same size as my Acrylic Powder Reservoir (2-3/4” diameter and 12” tall). The open end of the glass tube has been glazed to soften the edges. It mounts on any EZ-FILL base.

The PYREX glass reservoir is virtually static free.

Here is what I can offer:

Reservoir Set (PYREX Powder & Acrylic Shot) for $125.00<BR>
    Shipping depends upon your location – PM or email for price.

Pyrex Powder Reservoir only for $65.00 plus $8.75 shipping.

Rework your Acrylic Powder Reservoir for $45.00 plus $8.75 shipping.<BR>
    This option only applies if you already have a set of my Acrylic Reservoirs.<BR>
    You must return the aluminum bottom of your Acrylic Powder Reservoir.

If you need an EZ-FILL base please consider my
    <a href="http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=313490" target="_blank">Machined Aluminum EZ-FILL Base</a>

And the best part is they are Made in the USA!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a photo of Hodgdon LongShot in my PYREX powder reservoir. LongShot is one of the most corrosive powders. You can safely leave LongShot in the PYREX reservoir.

[​IMG]
  3. grunt

grunt Active Member

0   0   0

Can you get these for the older P/Ws Just the tubes? Ive replaced the powder tube but its acrylic.
  4. grunt

grunt Active Member

0   0   0

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

These reservoirs must be mounted on an EZ-FILL base. They will work on the following P/W loaders: 800 (all), 900, 950, 2000, Patriot.

You must have an EZ-FILL base to mount the reservoirs.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor
  6. Duck

Duck Member

0   0   0

Jim,

Will any of your upgrades fit an LS 1000?. It does not have a bushing access plate but I would like it to?. I only use it for steel reloading. (hunting)

Don;
  7. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Don,

I talked with the factory and they informed me that the only top plate that will work on the LS-1000 is the one with the tubes that comes with the loader.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor
  8. Duck

Duck Member

0   0   0

Thanks Much Jim!.
  9. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Here is some feedback I received:

Date: Thu, Sep 06, 2012 - 07:12 AM ET<BR>
    Email:<BR>

Jim

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you before this, the base and tubes arrived perfectly. I put them on the 2000 and they worked beautifuly, your base plate is head and shoulders above the one purchased from ponsness, and the metered powder drops stay consistent from first to last (something the other one would not do sometimes up to 8/10th of a grain. Thank you so much for the prompt mailing and the quality product you have.

Eddie Thomas
  10. hehawboy

hehawboy TS Member

0   0   0

I noticed no baffle in the powder tube does it come with one ,and if not explain why Thanks
  11. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There is a baffle built into the base of the powder tube. It works much better than a loose baffle and it will not move out of place. My baffle limits the weight of powder that the bushing sees to just what is in the riser on the base.

Jim Skeel<BR>P/W Dealer/Distributor
  12. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

0   0   0

I have one I can see my powder and shot like the tubes are not even there,I rate it ***** Dan Drainer
  13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

0   0   0

Just got my Glass powder and acrylic shot jars yesterday ( nice Christmas present to myself) I had already purchased the base plate from Jim several years ago. Good stuff and a good seller
  14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

0   0   0

I second what Mac says. I really like mine
  15. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have reservoirs in stock ready to ship.

Send me your shipping address for a total with the shipping.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor
  16. bkt514

bkt514 Member

0   0   0

Jim, is the price for the package base and tubes still around $200??
  17. Daryl Middlebrook

Daryl Middlebrook TS Member

0   0   0

Is there anyone making Pyrex or glass reservoir's for Spolar reloaders?
    Daryl Middlebrook