1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clear Lense Cataract's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hivoltfl, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Got some great news from my Doc today, never heard of this one before so I thought I would ask here. Not only does he suspect I have this problem he also tells me I am two years into normal cataracts forming in both eyes, from what he says I am not far from seeing the eye cutters.

I am aware of what the corrective actions involve but what I dont know is how long after it is before I can shoot again.

Any imformation would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

2. Husy rider

Husy rider Member

I shot 3 weeks after.Doctor 4 weeks

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

My Dr said 2 weeks OK but would prefer four. Marc

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

One of shooting colleagues shot the day of surgery. Unfortunately , he lost sight in that eye. That was against medical advice. I would be extra careful.

5. 687 Trap

687 Trap Member

Had both eyes done two years ago. Dr said to wait for two weeks before shooting; I waited four. I'd rather look forward to shooting for years to come than have my sport cut short do to my foolishness.

Great procedure You will be amazed at what you have been missing. Pick a good Doctor and do exactly what they tell you. Put in all your drops etc.

Painless and wonderful. A medical wonder

Ron Duy

6. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

ask your doc about your ability to change focus with new implant lens after surgery.as i understand it, when they put the lens in you can no longer change your focus,thats why they make one far sighted and the other near sighted.that is what they did on my eyes. if i had it to do over i would have both eyes far sighted and wear glasses for reading.just something to ask about.this is not a revisable procedure.what you get is what you got forever.

7. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

I waited 4 weeks and then shot. I didn't have any problems.

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Look like I'm heading for the eye cutter soon as well. Started to have trouble with sight in my right eye (dominant) like looking through scotch tape, went to the eye doc and it was inconclusuve as to the cause but they thing the catarac is the culprit. Going back for another look next Monday. No macular degeneration issue so that's a good thing just need to wait till Monday for the second look

9. luvtrapguns

tracyhunter: Not true according to my DR. Lense implants can be removed at a later date and replaced.

Hivoltfl: Cataracts occur very slowly, generally over a period of decades. Exposure to sunlight being the worst culprit. If you have the procedure done, opt for lenses that will correct your vision without having to wear glasses. Cost of lenses is much higher but well worth it. I would (did) choose far vision in each eye. One cloose and one far could cause an equilibrium problem and definitely a loss of depth perception. With the latter you probably will have to wear readers. Marc

10. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I appreciate all the replies, what is happening now has kinda got me concerned, My doc says my double vision-blurry vision is being caused by my forming cataracts causing a distortion of my natural lenses and according to him that will put me at the eye cutters much sooner, he was ready to make the referral on the spot but decided to change my prescription on my glasses and give that about ten days and if the issues don't go away he will send me.

How we got into this issue was a new scpipt for my glasses and him telling me the changes he was making were very minor, to the point he said it was OK if I chose not to get the new glasses, He sensed my displeasure and asked what was wrong, I told him about my screwy vision and that my old glasses were worthless to me, that caused him to take several more looks and tests and he then revealed the presence of forming cataracts two years ago, if you have not guessed my health care provider is an HMO, so now I wait on my new and improved glasses.

Getting old sux's

Rick

11. luvtrapguns

Rick,

RUN, don't walk, RUN to a qualified OPTHALMOLOGIST. From what you have said your present Dr. may be working with forged credentials. Things you have stated make no sense. Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.