1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

clear blue herters shotgun shell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wyoshooter, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyoshooter

wyoshooter Member

Hi guys Ineed help I was given a couple of bags of new herters shotgun shells that are translucent blue solid plastic with a top cap that pushes in. does anyone know how old they are and are they any good to shoot? thanks D T Jones

2. wild gun one

wild gun one Member

I think thay are the same as wanda shells i would look on ebay a buck or two each at the gun show.

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

They are not the same as Wanda shells. The base wads are loose and held in by the primer only. We bought everyone the Olympia WA store had on their "close out". The manager said the base wads were coming out and they were having trouble with bulging the barrels on some guns. I thought, OH Bull,how in the world does that happen with 10,000 pounds of pressure against it. We bought two and half pick-up loads. Everything, duck loads,trap loads,everything. Plus the reloading wads and the over shot wads.

Then the fun started. All the base wad did not come out but the ones that did we found everywhere. They were stuck in the barrels, in the mouth of the case, out in front of use up to about 15 to 20 yards. Needless to say we put the autos and pumps away and checked the barrels on every shot. I still have a couple of full boxes of duck loads to remind me what a good deal we got. LOL

For all you guys that don't believe a wad can come out, sorry you're wrong. I still don't understand it, but I've seen it.

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

herters plastic shotgun shells history

herters shotgun shells