1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning the 391 teknys???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by poacherjoe, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

What is the BEST way to clean the gas cylinder.???I removed the exhaust valve assembly and there is alot of carbon build-up down in the cylinder.I scraped it out with a small screwdriver but it still has some gunk .This is the only problem I have cleaning this gun.Compared to my breakdown models it is a PITA!!!PJ

2. trevorh

trevorh TS Member

use a 20guage bore brush or i also thing beretta makes a tool to clean them

3. poacherjoe

Thanks: I just happen to be a Plumber and I have alot of copper fitting brushes but the owners manual states (BRONZE)brushes and I did not want to damage anything.I don't think they make a bronze brush the diameter of the cylinder.Or do they?PJ

4. zondsix

zondsix TS Member

Use a 35 mm film container half filled with break free drop the piston in it.
    Ace hardware has 1" brushes that will get most of the carbon out.
    Before you shoot wet the surfaces.

5. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Buy the 80.00+ cleaning kit or trade it off for a o/u.

6. poacherjoe

7. straightsixes

straightsixes TS Member

The Standard American kit or the Gamaliel kit (could be the same) are the best way to go. Here is an example http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?productid=4221&cat=119&page=1

I was a little nervous putting a cordless drill and wire brush to the gun the first time around, but now couldn't imagine doing it any other way. Seriously it cuts the time more than half, and the gun will be close to spotless when done. Just watch the bands on the largest wire brush as once they come off (if you are stupid enough to pull one off like I did) its nearly impossible to put them back on. A case of user error if I've ever seen it.

Now I just keep oil on the action and strip it down every couple of thousand rounds (one a month or so), and it runs perfectly. Definitely a royal pain if you don't have such a kit. Worth the $75 or $80!!! Just lay off the drinks for a couple of weekends (maybe less in some cases) and its paid for, and you will be VERY happy about the cleaning kit purchase.

8. Powerhouser

Powerhouser TS Member

There's a guy selling the cleaning kits mentioned above for $68.00. The wife got me one for Father's Day. She did good. Worth every penny. The brushes contained in the kit will make the gun look like new in nothing flat. Really makes the process much faster.

9. sam952

sam952 TS Member

The Standard American Kit is great, worth every penny, cut my cleaning time by 2/3. I shott a Teknys Gold trap and the wife shoot a sport AL391. I disassemble everything and drop it into solvent first thing, then do the other stuff and do the drill brushing last.

Straightsixes is correct when he mentioned the bands on the big brush. LOL The big brush comes with 2 bands I managed to let one of them get off first time used, but, have managed to keep the second one on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 teknys cleaning

beretta 391 teknys gold cleaning kit