1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Shotguns Efficiently

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I have decided it is time for a major "spring cleaning" of my whole collection. Quite a few shotguns. When I usually clean a gun it takes a while. I like to get pretty detailed and use tooth brushes and different solvents and the like.
    But, now I would like to do a fast but reasonably thorough job to the bunch.
    Would anyone care to suggest tools or products or techniques to clean a bunch of guns in a hurry?
    Oh, one other thing, what product do you like to finish with and put on your stored guns to keep them safe?
    Regards, Jake

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Does anyone use a drill with a wire brush to clean bores?
    Any thoughts about Eezox as a cleaner preservative?
    Jake

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I use a TICO/Outers. Others use the Bore Snake. The Tico Tool is my mainstay after each shoot and readily gets powder residue out with a few brisk strokes - offers an oiler attachment.

For plastic and tougher fouling, I use a "Tornado" brush attachment on a shorter chamber length handle.

Gibbs is excellent!

Jay Spitz

4. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

jakearoo, I use the drill attachment sold by Shotgun Sports. It has a bore guide and a large brush and works very well indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.