1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Screw-On Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chichay, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Most of my trap guns have screw-on chokes. Both inside and outside walls get filthy after a while. I clean them by putting them in a zip-loc bag filled with 50-50 Simple Green and tap water, and immersing the bag in an ultrasonic cleaner for 60 minutes. How do you clean yours? Thanks for your input. Chichay

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Bronze brush dipped in shooters choice in a drill. Do choke and inside of barrel. I clean mine often so there's not much build up anyway.

Bill

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Mine get cleaned by leaving them overnight in a covered coffee can filled with acetone. A bit of brush work and they are good to go.

Pat

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I put a little acetone on a rag and run it thru the choke. Then, I use a brass brush chucked up in my DeWalt drill and run it in the choke. Finally I run another rag with acetone thru the choke and it comes out clean as new.

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

A bore brush in the drill press to clean in inside of the chokes. It makes real quick work of it!

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I drop mine in a jar of Ed's Red,while I am cleaning the rest of the gun, then take them out, wipe them off, and screw tham back in. Mark

7. parrothead

parrothead Member

Slip 2000

8. Slewcity

Slewcity Member

I use slip 2000 carbon cleaner. No odor non volital water base
    Submerge and soak for 5 min remove and wipe clean with a cotton diaper cheap and nothing else like it

9. Lewes

Lewes Member

Ditto on Slip 2000. Irv

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Shooters Choice, bore brush chucked in the drill press. Wipe down. Takes seconds.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have used all those and they all work but I still think acetone or better yet electrical cleaner in a spray can is the quickest and best. dont get it on the wood

12. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Anybody using Slip 2000 oil as a lubricant. Viscosity is totally opposite that of lite Rem-Oil? I think I can just buy some 30W motor oil for the same use??

13. STW

STW TS Member

We make 4" long, anodized aluminum choke tube cleaning system. Includes a standard handle, a drill motor adapter, an attachment adapter with 27 threads per inch which accepts all standard shotgun attachments, a brass core bore brush with hard-scrubbing bronze bristles, and our Shoot to Win chamber brush.

stw_2010_23091.jpg

Call me at 503-930-5544 if you have any questions or visit our website: www.ShootToWinGear.com

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

pocket knife is the cat's meow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

screw in choke claner