1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Rod

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ArmyMechanic, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Gentleman, if my memory serves me correctly, there was a gentleman here on this site that was making and selling cleaning rods that you could put in a drill and used scotch brite for the cleaning end. Does anyone know who makes this and where i could find one?? (if i recall correctly he had RC Airplane stuff too that he made..)

Thanks

HT

2. dhg

dhg TS Member

Performance Specialites
    PO Box 3146
    Gardnerville,NV 89410
    775/265-7523 Phone
    775/265-7522 Fax

I've been using this system for about 3 years now and it is awesome.

3. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

is there a website??

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Me Too!. Besides, the owner is into remote control airplane engines and is a good guy....Bob Dodd

5. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

thanks i sent them an email :) i appreciate everything

HT

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Don't think I'd be using scotch bright in my barrels. It scratches glass easily. Imagine what it does to steel.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

hoggy, this is very fine scotch-brite material, it was very well tested before Dave marketed his product, and it shines barrel interiors like a mirror....Bob Dodd

8. DS-AA

DS-AA Member

WOW! This sure came out of nowhere. Yes, I can still make these. For a complete set, which is 1-40" rod, 1-12" chamber brush rod, 1-bore brush, 1-chamber brush, 1-patch holder gizzy, and a Scotchbrite jag. The sets are $60 plus shipping. If you want just the drill type rod with Scotchbrite jag, those are $40 plus shipping. These will both work with 12 or 20 gauge guns. The Scotchbrite type material I use is completely safe for shotgun bores, I wouldn't use it if there was a problem as I'm likely more picky than 99% of you guys.

The phone number is correct: 775-265-7523, weekdays.

Thanks for the plug, Bob. Hope you are well. I'm ripping apart a '64 Corvette at present for body off resto, should be done in 2009 if all goes well. Not shooting a bit, the neck just won't cooperate I'm sad to say. Dave

9. mt

mt Member

is the Scotchbrite type material available for purchase seperately? do you happen to have any photos? thanks

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Dave, I'm kinda in the same boat with shooting; R. arm is just not cooperating. Another surgery in Jan. to stabilize the elbow and they did it with moving some ligament from the wrist to the elbow. It's taking WAY too much recovery time and with a lot of nerve irritation, partial numb hand, and a fair shot of pain. I'm probably looking at June or July before thinking about shooting. I'm forced to consider the X roads. The next visit may be reduced to steak and beer. Be nice.....Bob Dodd

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

doggai- Where did you locate the light grey ones?

12. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

page 2622

13. mt

mt Member

thanks everyone

14. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

good information.

15. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Thanks. GOOD LUCK

16. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

I'm interested to see one of these. Would someone please post a photo of one?
    Thanks

17. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

You have mail Dave.

Thanks.

Guy Babin

18. DocJim

DocJim Member

19. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Here's some crummy photos I have of some of the Dave's great rods:

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/rdodd/?action=view&current=IMG_0005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

This shows the business end of the short and long rods with a strip of the gray scotch-brite strip in one jag.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/rdodd/?action=view&current=IMG_0004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

This shows the back end of the 40" rod with a removable hand grip so it can be chucked in your drill and two short rods; one for a chamber brush the other can be chucked and with a jag .

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/rdodd/?action=view&current=IMG_0002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

A view of the chuckable end and removable hand grip up close. These could be much better picts but you'll get the idea. Not cheap but real quallity. Rod is some sort of material like fiberglass - plenty sturdy and a material that won't scrape on your muzzle or chamber....Bob Dodd

20. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

thanks bob... excellent photo's... i am definately ordering one tomorrow

HT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.