1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Perazzi Triggers: Questions? Opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cottondoctor, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

I suspect this has been hashed here before but a little indulgence please. My routine to clean a Perazzi MX2000 drop-out, pull/pull trigger has been to: #1- (of course remove the trigger from the gun) wash it out by spraying it down with Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber ( or have used carb cleaner or swish it in a container of lacquer thinner); #2 – shake and blow the Gun Scrubber out of the trigger; #3- spray the trigger thoroughly with Rem Oil; #4- shake and blow excess Rem Oil out and turn the trigger hammers down on a shop towel overnight for drainage of any excess Rem Oil; #5- wipe it off and return it to the gun.
    Is this sufficient? Is this a bad method? What are suggestions to clean/lube Perazzi pull/pull drop-out triggers? Thanks in advance.

I have heard of using brake fluid or Automatic Trans Fluid to both clean and lube the triggers – swish it vigorously in the fluid, blow out excess, let it drain and return to the gun……has anyone tried this??????

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Giacomo tells you to clean it with mineral spirits, blow it out, and then lube it with "Tri-flow".

Ed Yanchok

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Clenzoil and forget it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I'd like to know more about Rem Oil being abrasive...

Whiz

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I douche both my Precision Triggers out real good with carb cleaner and blow them dry with the air hose. Then I spray them down completely with Tri-Flow. I take the air hose to them again and blow off the excess and put them back in the gun. I have had no problems doing it this way for the past couple years, and the triggers work flawlessly..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Rem-oil abrasive ?......Thats funny the can says lubricant.

7. dimapower

dimapower Member

I spray with Rem Oil and wipe down excess.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

A good soaking with mineral spirits..a soft brush to loosen the crud up.. and dry air.. then spray with tri-flo and dry with clean shop rag..

9. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

I just do not see Rem-Oil being abrasive, I use it on everything - the beav

10. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Put some mineral spirits in a plastic pan and add 30 wt. motor oil. Swish around and brush. Dry with a air hose from compressor. Set on shop towel to drain. Especially for extended storage. Post-2

11. whiz white

I am right now soaking a customer's MX2000 action and parts in my vibrasonic cleaner in lacquer thinner. When done, she gets an air blast and covered with Rem Oil and air blasted to remove the excess. I may let it sit in there all night, as it's late nere now.

Been doing this ever since Rem Oil came onto the market. In fact, I buy it by the case. And, H-S Precision ships Rem Oil with all their custom made rifles including their tacticals, and take-downs.

WW

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I dont' shoot enough. Mine are clean

13. tp

tp TS Member

DB Bill,when I shot benchrest several years ago I seem to remember the same caution against Rem-Oil in my barrels, but not because it was abrasive. It was because it contains Teflon.

14. whiz white

tp: That is correct about the Teflon. I didn't mention it because I figured someone else would chime in about that.

I also remember hearing from some of the industry guys that after a while the Teflon particulates tend to settle to the bottom of the can/aerosol.

I don't use Rem Oil in the barrel chamber, but am thinking that even Teflon in the barrel would provide a smoother surface, but then maybe then actual thickness of the Teflon causes a problem. Only speculation.

Here's a pic of a rifle box I go tin today from FEDEX... very apropos:

[​IMG]

WW

15. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but teflon is one of the best things you can use on a gun. Here's the official definition:

In chemistry, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene which finds numerous applications. PTFE is most well known by the DuPont brand name Teflon.

PTFE is a fluorocarbon solid, as it is a high molecular weight compound consisting wholly of carbon and fluorine. Neither water and water-containing substances nor oil and oil-containing substances are wet by PTFE, as fluorocarbons demonstrate mitigated London dispersion forces due to the high electronegativity of fluorine. PTFE has one of the lowest coefficients of friction against any solid.

PTFE is used as a non-stick coating for pans and other cookware. It is very non-reactive, partly because of the strength of carbon–fluorine bonds, and so it is often used in containers and pipework for reactive and corrosive chemicals. Where used as a lubricant, PTFE reduces friction, wear and energy consumption of machinery.

The last sentence says it all for me. Reduce friction. I'll keep using my Rem Oil.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cause of fanfire perazzi mx2000 triggers
how to clean a perazzi

how to clean a perazzi shotgun

how to clean a perazzi trigger
how to reassemble perzzi mx2000 trigger
perazzi set back trigger