1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Perazzi trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by glenns, Jun 20, 2013.

1. glenns

glenns Member

Shot in the rain today (Washington State Shoot) and want to clean my Perazzi trigger. I thought I saw my gunsmith dip it in mineral spirits and then dry it off. Is this common practice?

[​IMG]

2. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Mineral spirits is fine and clean it with a brush while you dip it. If you have access to air comp. then blow it dry and put drop of oil of necessary friction points.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I used lacquer thinner in a heated vibrasonic cleaner.

I them hit it with Rem Oil and air blast the rest off, and add oils drops on critical surfaces.

Whiz

4. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I use disc brake cleaner in the spray can from auto parts stores. Cheap. Hose the assembly good, dries in about 10 seconds. Then I drench it with TriFlo, let it drain overnite and wipe the outside. Then GunSlick on both ends of the sear levers and a heavy lube on the cocking faces (feet and hammers both).

The only wear I've seen on the trigger parts is what the used ones came with.

works for me

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I think Jewell recommends using naphtha - lighter fluid - as a solvent on their benchrest triggers and nothing else ever. According to them, naphtha leaves behind just enough lubrication to prevent wear without ever gumming up.

I suppose you could argue that there is a difference between a 1 Oz. benchrest trigger and a 4 pound shotgun trigger, but it seems like the principle holds true. Except for Tri-Flo, most gun oils leave a residue behind that eventually gums up.

$.02.

Search tags for this page

how to clean a perazzi trigger