1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Perazzi Receiver?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gjmen, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjmen

gjmen Member

I was thinking of soaking my full action and trigger assembly in some type of mineral spirits or thinner then blow dry with compressed air. Then lubing where nessesary. Good idea or bad? Thanks, gjmen

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

It won't hurt it. I take out the firing pins and do the same thing then blow it dry and soak it down with Breakfree then blow it dry again. I do this about every 5,000 rounds.

Jim

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

About once a year, I'll soak mine in lacquer thinner in a vibrasonic cleaner, then oil thoroughly.

WW

4. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Use Electric Parts Cleaner in a spray can. Get it at an auto parts store. Remove trigger,stock,etc. Spray like crazy. DO IT OUTSIDE DOWNWIND. Oil it up with your fave

5. atashooter

atashooter Member

Mineral Spirits will do the job fine.

6. Snooky

Snooky Member

MX-12 fixed trigger, coil spring. Do you guys use the same procedure and what kind of lubricant? I shoot about 8000 rounds per year.

Thanks
    Snooky

7. B.C.

B.C. Member

If it's Case Colored don't use lacquer thinner or brake cleaner or the like,it will remove the finish , we use mineral spirits at KI ! Hope this helps.B.C.

8. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

When I get a new-old gun (mostly SxS these days), I put the action in a "Tupperware"-ish container of mineral spirits and leave it on top of the dryer for a few days ... or put it on the floorboard if I'm going somewhere.

Oil? I usually use a barely-damp shaving brush with Sperm Oil or Duck oil and explore the insides well. CLP Breakfree is a decent substitute. :)

Bob

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Mineral sprits.. remove what you know how to put back... soak.. clean as many holes and grooves as you can.. blow dry.. soak again.. repeat the process.. dry.. lube with tri-flo when all is finished.. This is a good time to change your springs..especially the top lever return spring.. and the locking bolt catch spring..

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

supposedly those vibratory cleaners are the cats meow- never used one

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Gene: I always wanted one, but the goods ones were/are so darn expensive.

I had the general shop manager for H-S Precision Tactical over here one afternoon doing some "free" work on his personal computer and made the above commnet.

As it turned out, his wife was working her last days at Magnum Diamond here. The company made small, extremely high tech razor knives used in the new lasik eye surgery field. The company had been bought out and was moving the operation to Calif.

Ben said that the company had pallets of these NIB cleaners heading for the dump. He said he grabbed several. Seems that when they sold the instruments, they included the cleaners, but the hang-up was that they were designed for the European markets and current.

I got a couple for nothing, and took them apart. I did a trace on the circuit board and felt that if I cut a resistor or two (can't remember), I *might* be able to use USA 110V. Also the circuit board was USA made, so a call to their techs ultimately, and reluctantly got me a "Yes, this is correct."

Best damn deal I ever made. Wished I'd gotten more of them.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.