1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning ejector on the Silver Seitz ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gbatch, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

On my prior shotguns (K80, Kolar, 90T) when I wanted to I could take the ejector(s) off pretty easily and give the entire assembly and all the parts a good and thorough cleaning. Looking at the Silver Seitz, it appears that the ejector must be removed by using a punch to remove pins holding it in place. This might be a bit more than I want to do but I am wondering if anyone shooting a Silver Seitz actually does this as part of a detailed cleaning? It just seems like after a while dirt and gunk might build-up and maybe cause it to stick, so it should be cleaned.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. Seitz 719

Seitz 719 TS Member

Gene before i shot mine i had the ejector remove. i am sure glad that i did. Tom.

3. bigben

bigben Active Member

Gene, lazy way,- easy- turn the barrel upside down, in the area of the ejector foot near the chamber side you will pour kroil, cleanzoil etc. in the cavity, with your finger just push back and forth a few times-[ it's spring loaded] with the barrel chamber side lower, the solvent/dirt just comes out while you're working the ejector, a touch of oil and you're good to go! incinerate em!

4. pjh

pjh Member

Gene
    It’s easy to clean the ejector. Yes you need to remove two pins but they are made so it want take much pressure. Push down on the ejector trip rod (the end with the spring)then push the pin out. Once that is removed then put a little pressure against the ejector and push the pin out for that. Seitz recommends grease over oil so once you have cleaned it grease both springs and put it back together. Call me or drop an email if you want. Peter / CRV Custom Arms 585-482-0044

5. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Thanks guys. I'll try it next time I clean it.

Gene

6. wareaglehunt

wareaglehunt TS Member

I just had a new ejecter put in my seitz.I watched rich do the job and asked him about takeing it out after it is very dirty for cleaning.He said if you feel that you have to take it out and clean it just remove the push pin that is in direct line with the ejecter after takeing out this push pin ejecter will pull out and there is a spring located under ejecter.I would not oil the ejecter just clean all dirt and grime and put very very thin layer of greese that seitz gives you with gun.This is how I do mine hope it helps.Tony Andrewleski 3rd

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Gene I clean my ejector about every 2 or 3,000 shells more if you reload . It,s very easy just use a small punch and drift the pin closest to the end of the chamber you don,t need to remove the pin . If you have the ejector in your gun set it and it will hold the part your removing untill your ready to take it out then just trip the ejector with your hand over the chamber top keep the part from flying out . The part your removing does get very dirty . I have my ejector removed to keep the hulls .
    KEYBEAR

8. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Tony and Keybear, Thanks for the added info.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

To all who posted here:
    Today, I finally got around to following the guidance of those more knowledgeable than I and getting the ejector out and cleaning it (and the spring was gunked up). Thanks again to those who answered my question; another reason why this forum is so cool.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.