1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning B T 99 trigger assembly

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bgleownr, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

Can anyone tell me whee I can see video of how to take trigger out of older B T 99 to clean and put back together. Thanks. Clair

2. Tech Writer Jeff

Tech Writer Jeff Active Member

The BT-99 (new model or old) does not have a drop-out trigger assembly like some other guns do. So, you really can't just "take out" the "trigger". For the BT-99 (like many other break-open guns), you must remove the stock to gain access to all the internal parts (hammer, mainspring, sear, trigger, etc) . . . then start removing these parts from the receiver, which usually involves driving out pins, working with strong springs under compression, and likely some re-assembly quirks.

In summary, you don't really need to be taking it all apart just to clean it. Simply remove the stock and clean the inside of the receiver while everything is still in place. Disassemble the internal parts only if something is broken, worn, or otherwise needs replacement.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Click on the link. That was last weeks discussion on a BT-99 trigger.

Wayne

4. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

Thanks Jefftech and Wayneo. I think I will have gun smith show me how to do this the first time

5. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

My Older B T 99 was bought at Jacquas in Findlay OH for a retirement present for myself in 1998
    She is my baby. I have several newer trap guns but this gun will always be my favorite s I needed to learn how to clean the trigger assembly. My friend that did it for me all these years is no longer able to do this. Thanks for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 99 disassembly

bt 99 trigger disassembly

bt99 assembly
bt99 release trigger
cleaning the trigger assembly on a browning bt99
disassemble and assemble browning bt 99
how disassemble bt 99 reciever

how to clean a bt 99