1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning and lube for triggers?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cottondoctor, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Honest question about Perazzi pull/pull triggers – not a baiting question. How do you clean and what is your maintenance program on your Perazzi triggers? Spray then out with carb cleaner, – then Rem oil or CLP then compressed air and then back in the gun? Etc etc --- Looking forward to replies. Thanks

2. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

My thought is if you are going to use carb cleaner on the inside of your trigger assembly, you might want to use a metal protector like Boeshield and then moly grease on the sear/release portion of the trigger. When shooting bullseye-pistol, triggers are extremely important so I use moly grease for consistency but then the trigger area is cleaned quite frequently in 1911A1's v.s. trap guns.

Mike

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

On all my Perazzi triggers I used Mineral Spirits to clean. After cleaning, then blow the trigger dry. Lubricate all areas of contact with light grease. I used Mystic JT-6. Then sprayed with CLP or compareable lube. Then wipe off excess. Never had any problems with the exception of a broken v-spring from time to time. It usually took several thousand rounds to have v-spring problems. That is what worked for me. I owned 6 P-guns. Hope this helps, Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.