1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning an Aluminum Case

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JerryP, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Try automotive polishing compound and about a 1200 grit sand paper for scuff marks. Depends on how shiny you want it to be.

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Make up a solution of Tide and water to get the greasy dirt off. Then go over it again with WD-40. Follow that up with automotive bug remover. Then polish case lightly with Wenol paste. That's what I did an Americase than came used and beaten up with a used gun. Case looks a lot better now. I'd be careful about sanding; might only scuff up the annodized layer on the aluminium. Even with 1400 grit...

Tide is, I've found, the best laundry detergent for cleaning grease of anything incuding engines, car parts, etc.

3. pikepoola1racer

pikepoola1racer Member

At a good auto parts store you can get alumnim bright, it is a alumnim cleaner. It cost about $12.00 a gallon, put it on, and hose it off with water. I clean my boat and running boards with it,and they look new.
    Sam

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Didn't think about it being anodized.

5. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

go to a local store in the automotive section it is used to clean alum, and find a can of NEVERDULL,it is used to clean alum,and chrome wheels,tear off a piece and polinsh the heck out of it,should do the trick.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Depending upon the extent of the oxidation, be careful. If its got a brushed aluminum finish you could end up with bright aluminum...

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.