1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cleaning a shotgun barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bakergun, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

I would like to find out if not cleaning the barrel on a shotgun will effect its pattering. Some say it doesn't matter,some say yes. I would think not because there is no rifling so as long as the shot goes out the choke no problems. What say you?
    Pete

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Only excessive plastic fouling from wads might have some minor effects on patterning, if any at all. Not a valid excuse for missing targets.

3. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Use a clean burning powder (clays) and quality wads that don't melt ( Duster, green or blue or clear) and don't worry about it.

4. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Clean it after you use it. Don't be lazy! Treat it right and it will treat you right. I can't stand a dirty gun. Maybe I should see someone about this issue....

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Don't clean your shotgun barrel, that way you can buy a new gun every year or two and throw the old one in the trash. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.