1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning a Beretta 391 - PIA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Hope this is in the right place for this thread. Anyone have a QUICK and EASY method for cleaning the barrel on a 391. Meaning the recoil lug interior assembly. I've tried putting a brass bore brush in a 3/8" drill and going over/under/around the parts, soaking the parts in Hoppes #9 over nite (or longer), scraping with a dental pick, and just about everything else short of sulphuric acid. It's a PITA.

I'll admit I don't perform the cleaning operation as often as it should be done (meaning after every time I shoot it) - but cleaning my guns has never been one of my favorite tasks and the 391 makes it even more unpleasant. Because I wait until the gun won't cycle, it just makes the task that much more difficult.

I also don't know how to pull the trigger group and internal parts out of the receiver. Any one know of a YouTube video or other "how to" I can take a look at.

2. K80.5

K80.5 TS Member

Go Here
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=101242

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Here is a good one on youtube. see link above. Mark

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

The beauty of Beretta is that they are not that fussy about being a little dirty!

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i use a spray of PB Blaster. It actually removes the binder that the carbon sticks to the metal with and you can scape the carbon out easily. soak it overnight. works great. motordoc

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If the carbon buildup is hard, you'll need a sharp knife to scrape it off. If you keep a coating of BreakFree CLP on the parts in the interior of your gun, it is easy to clean with a rag amd a scrubbing pad.

The 391 needs to be cleaned so infrequently it's no more trouble than an over/under.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.