1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clean me,please!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

What are the most amount of rounds that you ever put through your gun & the gun said--"clean me "---what type of gun, break, auto, etc---Phil

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    600+ through a Rem 1100 LT-20. 550 though an 1187 12ga.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I put well over 1500rnd thru a marlin model 25 .22cal with out a cleaning. Probably has gone about that again. This plinker has been shot shot shot.

2. Browning gold goes about 1200 to 1500 before a major teardown and clean, It gives off a distinct slower sound when it needs cleaning.

3. rugger 10/22 paid 50 bucks never beeen cleaned, god knows what its been thru. Its the challenge gun, Challenge anyone to hit something other than the back stop. It keeps going.

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

1000+ with clays powder reloads... 250 with Federal cheap shells.

Jerbear

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I opened this thread thinking it was a plea to someone's vascular or cardiac surgeon. Jake

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what Jake said!

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I had issues with my gold when I first bought it. I disasembled gun complelty, Gave it a heavy duty cleaning. Inside the action spring tube was enough anti corrosion crud to cover a small truck, very nasty. I found this slighty rusty color sludge comeing from everywhere once hit with a heavy dose os solvent. No issues since. I now clean yearly or about 800/1000 rounds for complete service.

8. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

Glock 34 - 5,400+ rounds with no cleaning. Did lube the rails and the barrel and barrel hood occasionally. No stoppages of any kind and no degredation of accuracy. All ammo fired was factory stuff.
    M1 Super 90 Benelli's - over 10,000 in each of 5 different guns with nothing more than a drop of oil or 2 in the bolt railways. These were range guns that shot birdshot, buckshot and slugs and gave no problems during that time.

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Years and years ago, I never took my Model 12 out of the trunk unless it was to shoot targets.

I would shoot around 10,000 rounds a year. I would take it out and clean it once a year. Never had a problem with it. Worked for me!

Hauxfan!

10. finger

finger TS Member

I once attempted to make a Winchester Super X-1 hiccup. After more than 2500 rounds through it I gave up and cleaned the mag tube of crud. Not because it was not functioning perfectly but because I could not stand not knowing when it would balk. For the remainder of that season it kept working fine. So likely well over 5000 before I pulled the trigger group out and wiped it off inside. Interesting thing was I would have pulled it apart and wiped her off if I had shot it in the rain...but no rain shooting that season. To this day I clean my SX-1 at the end of the season or after shooting it in the rain, whichever comes first. I do wipe the mag tube about every 500 and recoat with BreakFree CLP. Wish my Kolar would go that long. bob finger

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

There is a rather famous 31 Rem in the ATA Hall of Fame that Vic R. put over 400,000 rounds through without cleaning.

Pat Ireland

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

A guy I knew who was a Winchester rep back in the 70's said that when the SX-1 came out, all the reps were given one and told to shoot trap with it until it jammed and to keep track of the rounds shot....he claimed his gun went 4500+ before it jammed.

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Cleaning? What's that? Maybe a complete job once a year, on my Ljutic. I clean the barrel once in a while, when the shells start to stick at ejection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.