1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clean/Lube Breakopens

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mixer, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

About once a month or so, might be 200 rounds or 1000. Been doing it that way for 35 years with the same gun and no problems. I use any grease or oil I can find.

Eric

2. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

I use Breakfree or FP-10 on the bore and blueing, and I use Militec1 oil and grease for everything else; I really like Militec1 grease - JoeBerg

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

685.... I completely clean my Perazzi Db-81 combo after every 500-1000 rounds. As for lubing the hinge pins, cocking rod, ejectors, etc, I do that every time I assemble the gun to shoot. The only lube I use on my gun is 30wt. motor oil. I do not use ANY grease on my gun at all. I lube the trigger with Breakfree CLP after I clean it. The rest of the gun, including the barrels, receiver, and stock, gets wiped down with a soft, dry cloth sprayed liberally with Scotts Liquid Gold furniture polish. Keeps the gun protected and looking like new....Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I clean mine every time I get home from the club, fifty rounds or 400. I wipe down and use RIG grease on the wear points, and RemOil on the outside.
    The bores get brushed and swabbed with Ed' Red, then a spritz of RemOil.

The innards get cleaned with brake cleaner wonst a year (cool term) and sprayed with RemOil.

They haven't complained yet.....

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Joe.... I keep the 30wt. motor oil in an old Visine bottle. Works great as an applicator. I put one drop on each hinge pin, one drop on the cocking rod, one drop on each side ejector, and one drop on the rounded part of the receiver the forend iron rides on. I put one drop of Breakfree on each sear, the inetia block, and the tree, on my Precision double release trigger. I do this every time I assemble the gun to shoot. After every 1000 rounds or so, I blast the receiver, barrels, and trigger with carburator cleaner, keeping it off the wood finish. I follow that up with blowing out everything with the air hose and re-lubing. I complete the process with the Scotts Liquid Gold, which gives a fair amount of protection to the entire gun....Dan