1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

clays vs trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beni, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beni

Beni Member

what would be the difference between a Browning Special Trap and a Browning Special Sporting Clays with both combs being adjustable and standard butt plates,barrel lengths being 32 in. Would it be easier using the clays gun for trap or the trap gun for clays. Beni

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Beni, both of these guns have the same POI more or less so it does not matter. What matters more is how they fit you, and what fore arm wood style you like the best. Or another might be, I like the finish on this one or that one. I tend to dislike a smooth shinny High Gloss finish on my guns as this can allow my eye to move around more than I like because my cheek can slide on the finish in warm weather when I'm sweating more than I like. Get invector plus chokes as well. Both will serve you well. Break-em all. Jeff

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Beni,

I don't know for absolute certain, but I'd guess that the major difference between the two guns would just be the height of the rib. There may be some slight differences in the stock dimensions too.

As to which would be better to shoot the other game, only you can answer that. But I would suspect that they would both work for both games.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I usually suggest deciding which game will be your focus and go with the appropriate gun then make adjustments for the other. I shoot sporting with a trap gun but with a choke tubed, 28" barrel then slap the other on for trap.....BDodd

5. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would think that the sporting might be the better choice only because you can raise the comb up to shoot trap,but may not be able to lower the trap comb enough to shoot sporting unless you like to float your sporting targets. I personally like my trap gun to shoot 70/30 and my sporting gun no higher than 60/40. Bill

6. leadingedge

leadingedge Active Member

I think the best answer will come from your own experience, pick the gun you feel the most confident in and shoot the best and forget what type of gun it is supposed to be.

Darrell

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

The biggest difference may only be the name on the receiver. They are both Citoris. The Sporting gun may shoot just as high as the trap gun. Browning is big on the marketing game. The trap gun may have a parallel comb and the sporting gun may not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.