1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clays powders availability

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Sailor, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I just got an email from Tami at Connies Components, in which she said they had been told they would not receive Clays or International Clays for at least six months. It seems that the rumors of a fire in the powder fluffing plant that we read on here were true.

She also said that it has been a real struggle getting and keeping components in stock. She hasn't had ANY powder in since February, or Cheddite primers, and can't guarantee to have ANYTHING by the end of the month, when I was going to pick up supplies.

I just don't understand where the stock is going, if wholesalers can't get product when the manufacturers are working flat out to satisfy demand. There must be some pretty massive warehouses full of shooting supplies, somewhere, if the manufacturers are really making and shipping the product they say they are.

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Powder Valley has 4lbs of Clays in stock right now for $65

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I just bought 8 pounds at the PA State shoot. Plenty in stock there.

4. Landshark

Landshark Member

I have been switching my customers over to Alliant Clay Dot.

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

That's probably what Hodgdon is trying to avoid. They were the benefactors when Hercules blew up their factory years ago. Now they see the customer base shifting the other way.

Ajax

6. SBray

SBray Active Member

A local club owner said he was told not to expect any powders until next year!

Steve

Search tags for this page

clays powder availability