1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clays from China

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Andy44, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Any clubs or individuals tried "Eco-friendly" clays manufactured in China? Prices including shipping put them in CA for less than 5 cents each.

Andy H ;-|

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Whats the name of the targets? And cost per case.

3. grunt

No curiosity makes me ask. Im a White Flyer fan.. Besides you may get free eggrolls with a case.

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

"Why would you want to put American made products on the back shelf????????"

Didn't mention anything about American made products. If you can't answer my question, don't chime in with your "two-cents worth".

AndyH :-|

5. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

GRUNT-

Re-read my post!

AndyH :-|

6. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

I will chime in! Buy American!!!! Why in the hell would you want to buy targets made in China? What about supporting those who support us and our sport? When is the last time your China target company sponsored events at the Grand, State shoots etc? When is the last time they gave you free hats or a target at a shoot? When is the last time a China company making targets employed an American worker in a factory, salesman, truck driver etc? So you want to possibly save a penny to support a China company? Wow I guess you will be happy when your gun is made in China to!

Yea I am ranting!!!! People need to stop worrying about saving a f**k penny and worry about keep our own country afloat! Not only that but try supporting those manufactures who support our sport and second amendment rights!!!

David

7. grunt

Andy, I did reread your first post. But I had to reread it and you answered my questions. Thanks. Cant we just get along!!

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Some people must "RANT", but the wise just don't pay attention to banal posts.

AndyH :-/

9. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Here is the e-mail I got from them July 20, 2009

Dear Madam/Sir,

Good Day,

I am very delighted to have such a good opportunity to learn about your good club.

Now,please allow me to take such precious opportunity to introduce our company manufacturing Eco-friendly Clay Targets but with best price.

Our company is the largest professional one which manufactures the eco-friendly clay targets in China.

With hard research for many years,we have received the Patent on Clay Targets,

which do not include toxic components and easily turn to earth in wet conditions,

so our products won't do adverse impact on environment.

Enclosed please find pictures about our products and Quality and Safty Certification.

Of course, we can also provide relevant services for you.

We sincerely hope we can build a good business relationship and have a good beginning of cooperation.

If you are interested in our products,please feel free to contact us.We have the most competitive price for you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards!

Tim Ding

Tel:0086-510-87375999

Fax:0086-510-87375318

Cell:0086-13771363480

Addr:XIZHUE CONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ZONE,YIXIAN,JIANGSU,CHINA.

http://www.yongye-claytarget.com/

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

gif files not acceptable

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

With all that White Flyer has done for clay target shooting, including LARGE target donations for the youth, lowering prices when pitch dropped in price, made sure no distributor was gouging a club, and other things, I see no reason to switch to a chi-com target. Also, White Flyers do exactly what they are designed to do, break when hit.

12. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the people in china can get up on Sat. or Sun. morning and grab their shotgun and drive to a local gun club and shoot some clays. Or for a change just go to another club and see some new guys to shoot with. I don't think that would be possible in Chink land.
    That is probably why they have some eco tainted rat poison clay birds to sell cheap. After all the are laughing about the people the have sickend from tainted drywall, dog food, lead poision toys, and the list goes on.
    We need to get that rat pack out of Washington and quit worring about saving a few cents that the rat pack wants to take from you. We need to boot their a$$&$ out.

13. samiam03

samiam03 Member

If the product is a major improvement to the manufacturing process of eco- friendly clays that results in a product that's superior to what's offered in the US - then have no fear - everything in China is for sale including the licensing of the process. Some target company will pick up the license and manufacture them here in the US. Might take a while - but it will happen.

Ex mea sententia

Sam

14. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

Carol Lister

15. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

They won't fly worth a damn, too much LEAD in them.

16. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Andy44 what do you do for a living? Are you retired, in school or working to feed a family? Our country has over 10% unemployment and is in hard times. The factory workers in American are the hardest hit. White Flyer makes a great product, has a good price and is made up of fellow shooters. So to you it is more important to try to find a cheaper target (assuming 5 cents is cheaper) rather then supporting fellow shooters and keep the dollars in our own country. Boy do you have a lot to learn!

Dave

17. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Mash on the link.

18. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Eco Friendly - from China?

I saw a Chinese woman on TV bragging that they counterfeit drugs for the American market into which they put ROADPAINT for color! Anything for a buck. I wouldn't touch anything Chinese. I know we can't avoid some of it but why go looking for it. Suppose there IS something toxic in the clays? What would a site cleanup cost? Probably more than the property is worth!

19. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Was having some trouble with my Stihl string trimmer yesterday, running rough. Decided to pull the carburetor aoart to check the diaphragm. Pulled the top section off and turned it over to look for dirt or whatever, you guessed it, "Made in China", was molded into the carb section.

Also, a couple of weeks ago we were looking for a flat screen for the house. I told the the salesguy that I was leaning toward the Samsung because it was made in Korea instead of China (plus we already had one). His response was, "Well, it's a Korean brand , but the Tv is made inn Mexico.". Sure enough "Made in Mexico" molded right into back panel.

20. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

America will die by it's own hand. No one forces morons to buy chinese products. It's pretty bad when we put such a low value on our lifestyles and livelihood's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.