1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clays Delay System

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have heard of this system and how it allows one to shoot, (we'll say sporting clays), alone. I have done a search here, but I still don't really understand how it works. If you use the "wireless system", (I'm thinking this system would be more beneficial than the wired system); how does this actually work? You just don't buy this and go out to your local range and turn it on. In "laymen's terms" how does this system operate the various traps; especially on a sporting clays layout, which has numerous traps? I went to their website and they list my club as "friendly" to their system. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Ed

2. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I have 1 it will run 2 traps at a time the reciever end has 2 cords to plug into the traps. the send clips to your belt and has a mic that clips to your shirt. It can be set for singles from each trap or pairs.Works great for practise, seet it up and then move around and shoot from different angles and distance. Mark Mauch

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Mark: What I would want is a system that would operate the numerous traps that are located throughout a normal sporting clays range. That could be a dozen or more different traps. I'm thinking that is impossible. I can see it operating the single trap machine on a trap field or the 2 machines on a skeet field; but for it to operate all the traps associated with sporting clays would be more than difficult. or so it seems. Ed

4. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Ed,

We have a wireless one at our five stand. There is a transmitter and a receiver. The receiver can be plugged in to two of our traps. You can use it to practice on any two of our eighteen traps.

To use on a sporting clays course, without wireless, I believe you would have to rig plugs for the transmitter to plug in to for each station. The plugs would have to be run from each trap to the shooters' boxes.

For wireless to work on a clays course, you would need a receiver at each station wired into each of the traps.

Call the Clay Delay folks. They treated me very nice when I bought my unit, and had a self-induced problem with it.

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.