1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clays and one once load

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rickk55, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickk55

rickk55 Member

Looking for a favorite Clays powder load for one once of number 8 shot. Would like an all around load for 16 yards, handicap 27, and skeet. Interested if anyone has one load they use for all the above. Or do I really need to have three loads. Thanks Rick

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Remington hull, Remington primer, 1 ounce of #8, 16.5 gr of Clays (both weighed with the Dillon adjustable charge bars set to throw those weights), TGT-12 wad.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I would say that any data you find for a 1180/1200fps load would be suitable.

I have 0 problems loading 7/8 oz of 8's for skeet. If I miss the target, it isn't because of pellet count. Besides it makes for a good dove load.

ss

4. MAX & TOBY

MAX & TOBY Member

For trap & skeet, it's wichester AA hulls, winchester 209 primers, claybuster wads, 1oz #8's and 18.2 grains Clays (#33 MEC bushing). Works well at 16 to 27 yds. Never a problem. Good shooting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.