1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clayduster wad problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I ran out of Fed 12S4 wads and all I could find was Clayduster WAA12F114 replacement wads model #CB 1114-12 yellow in color. They wont hold 1 1/4 oz shot. They fill the shell to the top making it impossible. Anybody have any input on this?? I finally found some Winchester and fed's and they are working like normal again. Could these wads be marked wrong??

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

AFIK they are a replacement for the Winchester 1 & 1/4 ounce wad, not the Federal.

Do some measuring. Maybe they were made wrong. They should be Identical to Win AA12114.

HM

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I posted this very same problem, the Yellow 1 1/4 oz wads are actually taller than the original early production Winchester Yellow wads, I asked on here for the wad Mfgrs to make a wad to the dimensions of the Remington SP-12 this would solve a lot of loading problems, and not have to pay $125 for 5,000 Remington SP-12 wads. I have both Yellow Downrange Wad and Early Winchester Yellow wad and they are definitely shorter, the legs of the wad are shorter
    allowing for more shot and powder.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx Gary, I thought I was losing my mind. These things suck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.