1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ClayDot 1 OZ Loads at 1140 - 1150 FPS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paul7177, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Is anyone using ClayDot for 1 OZ loads at 1140-1150 FPS? There is not much data listed for the slower loads.

2. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

For those slower 1oz. loads just use Hodgdons Clays recipe's they have a lot more info! I load a Fiocchi 616 primer in a Rem STS, Gun Club, or Nitro hull with TGT wads and 17 grains of Claydot pushing 1 oz of reclaimed mix of 7-1/2-8's. Great pattern and crushed targets.

3. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

Been loading 15.9gr Claydot, gun club hulls, Fed primers, Down Range XL1 wads for singles, soft shooting and pretty clean and consistant, works great for me. Should be close to what you are looking for. J. Terre

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Not Claydot, but I use this for the original Clays:

Remington Hull (STS, Nitro, or Gun Club)<br>
    Downrange XL-1 Neon Green Wad<br>
    Winchester 209 Primer<br>
    1 ounce of 8's or 8-1/2's<br>
    17-ish grains of Clays (plus or minus 0.2 grains either way doesn't matter much)

Very soft-shooting load.

5. kene

kene TS Member

use almost the same 1 oz load that Tim does except AA hulls and CB1100 [or WIN SL] wads -- works well for me

6. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Paul,

Don't be afraid to contact the manufacturer of Clay Dot powder and have them propose a load that meets your purpose.

I have done this is the past with the folks that make Clays and International Clays and they were very helpful.

Dr. Honk

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Paul, If you want a one oz. load under ll50 fps. I'd use Winchesters AA Lite powder. Alliant (forget name) also has a matching type powder as well, but it will not go as low in speeds as the Win. AA Lite powder. Both of these powder shine in low speed loads in both 7/8 and one oz. loads. Problem with Clays under ll80 fps because the pressure gets to low for a good complete burn at this point. These 2 powders have higher pressures for a better more complete burn. The cost is about the same overall. They are abit higher in lbs price but use less powder per shell so it off-sets itself. Good Luck and break0em all. Jeff

8. torqueman

torqueman Member

I use the same recipe as PULL-IT1 and have great results! JOE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1 oz clay dot 1150 fps

claydot 1 oz loads