1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CLAYBUSTER WAD ISSUES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

Folks ,
    I have never used Claybuster wads and I'm just wondering if anyone has any issues with their Remington Figure 8 clone , for 1 1/8 ounce loads . I see lots of guys carrying case after case to their cars at the big shoots so I thought I'd give them a try . Since PW & Spolar load wads on the same principal I'd like to hear how you fellows like them ?

Thasnk you for your time & help .

Bill

2. Beni

Beni Member

I switched from the waa claybuter to the fig 8 claybuster and have had excellant results. beni

3. dale1957

dale1957 Member

I use the fig. 8 claybuster wads. They perform great, they just leave a plastic residue in your barrel. They don't use virgin plastic. On the other hand downrange wads do use virgin plastic and don't leave as bad a residue but are a little more expensive. They get you one way or another.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

For the most part all I use is Claybuster AA's and Fig. 8's. Not problems with my reloads. If birds are missed it not because of my wads.

5. 3357

3357 Member

I am into my 7th case of Claybusters (cb1100-12) with no issues or problems. In
    my experience the plastic build up stories have no merit, I have had no problem with plastic build up at all.

6. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Member

Another positive experience with claybuster. I use the CB1118's, and have for 15 years. I shoot thousands through the gun between cleanings and have absolutely no plastic fouling issues at all.

Good luck!

7. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

First tried C.B.s in 1994, still using them & OEMs can't really tell much "if any" difference, no problems with plastic build-up. My gun is fixed choke ie not CTs. Just my experience--Ross Puls

8. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

I use cb 4118 windjammer and they work great , mostly everyone at our club loads with CB and nothing else ,

9. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Been using the CB1100-12 wad with great success. As soon as the cases of AA and Rem 1 1/8oz. wads are gone (probably about 5 years), I'll be switching to all Claybuster. According to the case of 1 oz. wads that arrived this week, they are now using virgin plastic.

10. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Claybuster makes great wads. I have loaded the fig 8 on a hornady 366 and a pw800 plus with no problems. As far as plastic buildup I keep hearing this but I see the same amount with new shells or downrange wads as claybusters. ps we load and shoot over 20,000 a year most are claybusters.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have used Claybusters since they went into business. No complaints.

The worst fouling wads I ever had were FEDERAL brand 12SO wads.

12. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

I have used both claybuster and dr wads for the last four or five years and have had excellent results with each. I have some favorites made by both companies. Very little plastic build up with either.

13. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I use the CB1118 mostly but lately have used the CB0178 as well.

No complaints on either of these Caybuster Wads.

Allen

14. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Dale 1957 says...<blockquote><I>"I use the fig. 8 claybuster wads. They perform great, they just leave a plastic residue in your barrel. They don't use virgin plastic."</i></blockquote>

The Claybuster® web site home page says... <blockquote><I>"J-Ron Inc.'s Claybuster Wad Line is a well established economical wad line....The wads are manufactured, and have always been manufactured, with 100% prime resin so a consistent quality product can be expected with every purchase".</i></blockquote>So, who do ya figure knows the product better??

Keller

15. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have used clay buster wads for years with no problems. I have fixed choke Remington's and Brownings with no plastic build up. I do have some in my xt tubes though not a problem to remove it.

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Better get used to 'em as Remington has raised wad prices astronomically and makes CB prices look better and better!!

17. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I have to think choke tubes are the most important variable in the equation.

I've never had any plastic fouling in fixed choke guns like my K-80 combo. OTOH, I had several Beretta 682s with mobilchokes and they all fouled pretty badly. My Krieghoff KX-5 (tubed), not nearly so much, but some. With any wad.

18. SBray

SBray Active Member

I have used CB wads for eight years and never had a problem with them!

Steve

19. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I love the claybuster Figure 8 replacement and the TGT 12 replacement, no worries.

20. wlc

wlc Member

I've used several cases of the CB8118 Fig8 replacement wads. They work as well as anything else including the Remington. The DR wads are good too, usually a little more expensive. I have never had plastic build up issues with any of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are claybuster wads made from virgin plastic

claybuster plastic residue
does claybuster leave residue in barrel