1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Claybuster Replacement for TGT12

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 33rocks, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33rocks

33rocks TS Member

I just bought a bag of the Claybuster replacement wads for the green Rem TGT12.
    I placed several on the bench along with some actual Remington TGT12s wads.
    The Claybusters are obviously qite a bit shorter than they originals. Has
    anybody else experienced this ? If so how did they work ? Thank You.

2. richrob

richrob TS Member

I got slightly dished crimps with 7/8 oz loads, worked fine with 1 oz loads. -Rich

3. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

Yes the Claybusters are a different from the Remington wad in several dimensions. I would expect that to keep Remington off their backs. I have shot about 1000 of TGT 12 replacements and found that they pattern well and when I do my part (which is seldom) the reloads will smoke targets. I had not had any problems in cold weather with a Gun Club hull and Red Dot powder.

Hope this helps

Regards

Gayle

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I bought a case of the replacemnts when I could not get the real thing. They are no where near the quality of the real ones. The petals are folded over on alot of them and the petals are shorter. No problems with the stiched tops on the real ones. Not worth the price difference IMHO for the slow down in production. Jeff

5. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

I have loaded and shot a case of them in Gun Clubs with 16.3 of Nitro 100, 1 oz of shot. I have never loaded the Remington factory wad so I cannot compare the two. The Claybuster version has worked very well producing factory looking reloads that shoot great and smoke targets. I haven't experienced any of the problems Jeff referenced and I just bought another case. I would recommend them.

6. mastergunner

mastergunner TS Member

I have notice that their wads are getting cheaper. I have tried their 12S3 replacment wads and they are junk. Plastic is to hard they don't get a proper seal and they make all kinds of noise when you try to put them in the hull.

Federal 12S3 goes in just fine.

I won't buy anymore plus you get to much platic folwing in your barrel with claybusters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.